Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the more I ride trails the more I realize that I have a balance problem. I realize that this is something I need to practice on..a lot, but are there any other methods to increasing stability besides practice.

Most of my problems come about when I am going over obstacles, trying to get up on something or riding logs. As far as practice goes I setup a little ramp with a 10ft board about 1.5ft off the ground with a drop at the end. I usually ride it both ways atleast a couple of times a day.

I ride a 06 giant Yukon stock except for tires and grips.

·
1,534 Posts
can you do track stands? if not, practice until you can do them forever.
if you have clipless you can hop around in place, or go backwards, sideways...etc.

the idea being to get used to balancing on a bicycle.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If I concentrate of getting onto the obstacle I usually mess up getting onto it or only balancing for a short time.

If I concentrate on completing the obstacle and getting off of it, I usually make it.

Try imagining yourself completeing it rather than concentrating on getting on it and keeping balance.

I usually mess around town riding the edges of curbs or anything else I can skinny

Get neutral on the bike, im bad at pedaling and balancing, but you usually you don't need to. Legs bent, arms bent, head a little forward. Don't look at the wheel or in front of the wheel, look at where you want to go. Like I said, imaging completing it and your body will make it happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.