Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
when you say that your frame will fit a "1/8-1/4" longer shock ", you mean that there is room? or that the frame is designed/cleared for such a size?

it is not only the problem of fitting/installing the shock, but that the frame can handle the travel without having metal-on-metal contact....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@crisillo: I mean that there is room to do so.

To specify my first question:
1. Is it possible to compress the shaft 1/8" further?
2. Is it possible to extend the shaft 1/8-1/4"further?

@wannabeRacer: decreasing travel is something that has been discussed and I don't like being hijacked ;) 6.5"x1.5" is a normal shock length so I don't see the point.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes, I'm not sure which parts get used, but the guys at Push Industries offered to make an RP23 in a 7.625 length for me. If I remember correctly, they start with a 7.5" shock, and swap in a part from the 7.875" shock to make a hybrid that will fit a Specialized Enduro. I ended up just having them rebuild my stock Float RL though. This is why I don't remember all of the details. Give them a call. They do nice work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.