Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I don't mind guys coming in here, there seems to be an ever increasing amount of trolls here.

Is there any way we can get Impy some help moderating? I've offered to help, but my requests have gone completely ignored by Francis and Gregg.

It doesn't have to be me (just figured to step up to the plate since I've been here 10 years), but we need some help. It's getting pretty bad that I don't even want to come here anymore.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Rule #1- Please Do not feed the trolls...

It's important to have restraint and not respond to obvious provocation. If no one responded to the thread it would have fallen to the bottom...

·
7,758 Posts
I think there has been more participation in the WL lately, which is good, but with that comes the occasional a**hat or simply clueless person.

After reporting a classic "offensive to women" post elsewhere on MTBR recently, however, I would say that it seems these reports are not being acted on promptly as had been my experience in the past. The post remains, whereas in the past I've had them taken down.

·
The Other F Word
578 Posts
After reporting a classic "offensive to women" post elsewhere on MTBR recently, however, I would say that it seems these reports are not being acted on promptly as had been my experience in the past. The post remains, whereas in the past I've had them taken down.
That's my impression, too.

·
Glue Sniffer
553 Posts
I'm not sure if there's been more than the, "Hey ladies, no offense, but isn't is stupid to have a women's forum?" thread, so forgive me if there's more going on here and elsewhere of which I'm not aware.

For me, I don't mind the occasional thread like that. The responses are always a good mix of entertaining and informative. Plus, it creates an opportunity to have an honest discussion about why there is a women's forum which can be viewed by those who have similar questions, but would never dare pose them in the women's forum.

I disagree with simply ignoring "trolling posts." Just because OP is a dope doesn't mean others can't benefit from the responses. Plus, it's kinda fun, like playing with one of those doofy little cat toys.

Reactions: skullcap

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think there has been more participation in the WL lately, which is good, but with that comes the occasional a**hat or simply clueless person.

That's my impression, too.
Agree with both, it does seem to be a site-wide issue lately.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have noticed multiple Chinese spam posts (same thing) on the main board not getting addressed as prompt as should be. Happens in the mornings mostly. I'm on Eastern Standard time, not knowing what zones most of the mods reside in ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts