Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. For other bikes like Kona Stinky, there exists a retrofit shock mount (dangerboys.com) to increase rear travel. Does this exist for Tracer, or are there any ways of increasing rear travel from 4" to 5-7"?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
And don't forget about the BB

[]D[][]v[][]D said:
They only thing you could do is get your hands on some Uzzi SL links, but even that will only increase travel a half inch
...and also raise the BB to ridicolous heights. The Tracer is already high, and an even higher BB will make it climb, descent and corner worse...

Ole.

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Juan Solo said:
Hi. For other bikes like Kona Stinky, there exists a retrofit shock mount (dangerboys.com) to increase rear travel. Does this exist for Tracer, or are there any ways of increasing rear travel from 4" to 5-7"?
I had heard of BETD wanting to make a link, like they do for the Specialized frames, but they were having trouble getting a Tracer for testing. Being the Tracer is DC, I doubt they will be making one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm running the SL link on my Tracer and the BB is high! Like PIMP said I am getting approx. 1/2 more of travel. I really haven't noticed a major decline in handling so I can't complain. There might be a slight decline in cornering but I'm not racing the bike and haven't really noticed a big difference. I'm also running a bash guard instead af the 3rd ring and it provides a ton of ground clearance. For aggressive XC it does the job.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.