Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inbred users:

I want to run disc brakes on my 29er Inbred. How well does the rear slider work out? I assume it is like the Paragons? or does the frame have tabs on it? Any pics, did see aft non drive side on mtbr?

When will the carbon forks be available, how much to they cost?

How much does the steel fork cost?

How much is the frame set?

All the mail order places are out of 18", who else can I contact?

is White the only color?

Thanks,

Kforum

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found photos of rear: does this configuration work well

Found photos of the rear brake mounting of the inbred. how well does the brake body mount in the slots?

Thanks

Kforum

·
Registered
234 Posts
Same here

I've had Inbred with sliders for almost a year and run Hope disc brakes on it, and it works great.
The tabs on the frame are slotted, so when the sliders are moved, all you have to do is loosen two caliper bolts, adjust the caliper and tighten. 35 seconds, maybe?...

·
Gold Member
Wrecker V2 / Nimble9
1,197 Posts
Discs on the Inbred work just fine and are easy to install, and set up.

You can usually buy the fork/frame combo. The OnOne fork is pretty nice. At least I think so, but that is the only 29r rigid I have ridden too.

·
slakDawg
469 Posts
kforum said:
Inbred users:

I want to run disc brakes on my 29er Inbred. How well does the rear slider work out?
As others alluded to, the slider is just on the drop out. The brake mount is fixed to the seatstay, but is slotted for adjustment. It works very well and I haven't really messed with mine since initial setup.

kforum said:
Inbred users:

When will the carbon forks be available, how much to they cost?

How much does the steel fork cost?

How much is the frame set?

All the mail order places are out of 18", who else can I contact?
Posting on https://on-one.co.uk might get some of these questions answered faster or might even already be answered.

Then, I'd check your LBS, if they are an On-One dealer or are willing to become one. Or https://zedsport.com is the US distributor for On-One. I have found them to be very service friendly.

kforum said:
is White the only color?
It is the standard color, but not an absolute...anything is possible aftermarket.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
>All the mail order places are out of 18", who else can I contact?

I think there are no 18's left- though we have just found a bike in our Doncaster warehouse. I must put that on sale this week.

Anyhow - we have some new frames coming, I've posted this pic for illustrative purposes but please note:-

1) This is zinc plated, a UK option we're testing - it's not stock.
2) This is a 26in wheeled bike
3) The rear stay near the disc was squashed in my vice to get it all to fit - production bikes have a modified dropout which doesn't need squashing :)
4) This sample has dog-leg seatstays with canti mounts which didn't make production - that's got straight stays and is disc only.
5) This frame doesn't *replace* the sliding dropout one, but we have no sliding dropout ones in production right now. Sliding dropouts are on hold.
6) This frame will be available as a frame, or as a complete bike.

·
small member
610 Posts
Brant,
If you happen to find a 16" Inbred frame (29er) with canti mounts in your warehouse, let me now...
I searched everywhere for it...
If not, can you direct me to the stores/places you sold them in bulk to?

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.