Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
giddyup!
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 Inbred was stolen a year and a half ago. Here's the replacement - finally. Nothing bling about it (except perhaps the fork crown), just a solid, functional build. It's not muddy yet, but it does have a layer of trail dust.

FWIW -
brakes: IRD Dual-Banger mech's (I like 'em)
wheelset: Bontrager Race Lite
crankset: Truvativ Stylo SS
fork: Rock Shox Reba Team U-Turn
handles: On One Mary

I think I need to change my user name. I don't ride the NRS much anymore...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
easy on the eye, the inbreds

NRSLove said:
My 2004 Inbred was stolen a year and a half ago. Here's the replacement - finally. Nothing bling about it (except perhaps the fork crown), just a solid, functional build. It's not muddy yet, but it does have a layer of trail dust.

FWIW -
brakes: IRD Dual-Banger mech's (I like 'em)
wheelset: Bontrager Race Lite
crankset: Truvativ Stylo SS
fork: Rock Shox Reba Team U-Turn
handles: On One Mary

I think I need to change my user name. I don't ride the NRS much anymore...
The whole thing is lovely. I sold mine and bought an inbred 29er. Still not totally convinced I did the right thing, but I think I will be given some time. That's a fine view of the Marys. I've been thinking getting some, but it looks impossible to mount a handlebar headlamp bracket. What do you reckon?
 

·
giddyup!
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my take on Marys

banana said:
The whole thing is lovely. <snip> That's a fine view of the Marys. I've been thinking getting some, but it looks impossible to mount a handlebar headlamp bracket. What do you reckon?
Thanks!

A number of light mounts that I've seen would work on these handlebars, either by using the swivel/tilt capability of the light mount, or by mounting the light at one of the two forward sweep bends in the handlebar where for about 1" the handlebar faces directly forward.

Personally, I use a helmet-mount light. I love it and find I don't need a handlebar light.

FWIW, I love the Marys set up with the fore-aft slant that you see in the pic. When they're level, they're uncomfortable for me.

Eric
 

·
trail rat
Joined
·
7,825 Posts
share the love

I hear you brother. Inbred is the sweetest bike I have. Here it is after 20 miles and 2000 feet climbing today, halfway through our ride. She makes my eyebones swim on the rocky downhills, but I still love her.

Here is the Cateye Triple Shot clamp on the Mary bars. It rotates side to side enough to work fine. I have a Double Shot on my helmet as well.

Pic 3 is us heading to the high point you see in the picture. (Still getting timing right on self timed shots since I ride alone most times.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
slocaus said:
I hear you brother. Inbred is the sweetest bike I have. Here it is after 20 miles and 2000 feet climbing today, halfway through our ride. She makes my eyebones swim on the rocky downhills, but I still love her.
QUOTE]

Slocaus, where did you get that top cap, that's sweet!!
 

·
trail rat
Joined
·
7,825 Posts
miSSionary said:
Slocaus, where did you get that top cap, that's sweet!!
I wondered who would pick up on that. :D

Purely Custom I also got the custom aluminum anondized valve caps in a maroon that match the Inbred color graphic on the top tube. Gotta look close. hehe
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top