Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am waivering between several complete singles...have to keep it under $1K. Are the stock components on the Inbred pretty good? Lot of their own branded stuff so curious what needs to be swapped out right away (saddle and bars excepted...those are the only things I'm real picky about).

EDIT: Should add...I'm also considering the Mary, the XXIX, and the Kona Unit 29. Is the Inbred frame/fork enough better to merit the extra cost, given that it doesn't have disks, etc.?

I know fit's the most important thing...I ride a medium GF293...with a 90mm stem and the saddle shoved way back on the rails.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have been riding mine since turkey day '05 with stock components except for: seatpost, saddle, freewheel, grips, qrs and brakes. I keep thinking of going to a slightly longer stem. The wheels are a bit heavy and require occasional truing but I am extremly pleased with the bike and components.

The qrs where defective on my bike they where significantly tighter halfway closed than all the way closed. This caused the back wheel to slip, at first I thought it was the dropouts moving, and the front wheel to feel like it had a loose hub. I assume this issue is fixed but be aware.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
only bad component on the stock build is the freewheel....but nothing an ACS claw at $15 cant fix. stem may be short, but if not, its fine. proper tension to the spokes and its good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.