1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
981 Posts
I bought mine with the understanding that it 23.6".

I can measure my 18" frame later this afternoon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Speaking of the Inbred, do you guys know where they are manufactured? It's a european company (I think?).....but that doesn't mean much for mfg. locations....

·
Registered
803 Posts
will951 said:
Speaking of the Inbred, do you guys know where they are manufactured? It's a european company (I think?).....but that doesn't mean much for mfg. locations....
if you have been to their website, you would know where its being made.

·
Registered
981 Posts
On-One is UK based, but their manufacturing is in Taiwan.

They are built in the same factory as the Niner Bikes. If you go onto the On-One site, there is a page where that describes their visit to Taiwan.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
frankenbike said:
On-One is UK based, but their manufacturing is in Taiwan.

They are built in the same factory as the Niner Bikes. If you go onto the On-One site, there is a page where that describes their visit to Taiwan.
nah. niner are built in the same factory as us, not the other way round ;-)

·
Registered
85 Posts
WarPigs said:
if you have been to their website, you would know where its being made.
Chill man.....

Went to their website a few times. To be honest....I find it a pretty tough website to navigate. Nothing jumped out at me, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks for letting me know. I was hoping the build location would help sway me between KM and Inbred. But both are made in Taiwan..... :(

·
Registered
981 Posts
In will951's defense, the On-One site can be tough to navigate through. I actually stumbled upon that page with the Taiwan trip info. After a while, I was able to navigate through the site and there is some fun stuff on there, including the "magic beans" ;)

Just curious, why would a frame made in Taiwan sway you from purchasing one?

·
Registered
85 Posts
frankenbike said:
In will951's defense, the On-One site can be tough to navigate through. I actually stumbled upon that page with the Taiwan trip info. After a while, I was able to navigate through the site and there is some fun stuff on there, including the "magic beans" ;)

Just curious, why would a frame made in Taiwan sway you from purchasing one?
Primarily bcz my family owns a manufacturing company in CT. We design and build custom workholding fixtures, as well as sell standard product. So....I prefer to buy American if possible.

It's not the build quality I'm worried about....just supporting American business.

·
Registered
981 Posts
will951 said:
Primarily bcz my family owns a manufacturing company in CT. We design and build custom workholding fixtures, as well as sell standard product. So....I prefer to buy American if possible.

It's not the build quality I'm worried about....just supporting American business.
Good reasons you mention there.

Ventana has two 29er hardtail models that are made here in the United States. The geared hardtail frame sells for around $950.

·
Registered
981 Posts
You can also go custom for the price of the Ventana. Curtlo and TET Cycles can build for less than $950. $1000-$1500 can get you a Wiley, WaltWorks or Retrotec just names some custom builders in the USA.

·
Registered
803 Posts
will951 said:
Chill man.....

Went to their website a few times. To be honest....I find it a pretty tough website to navigate. Nothing jumped out at me, so I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks for letting me know. I was hoping the build location would help sway me between KM and Inbred. But both are made in Taiwan..... :(
oh ok, well I've been there lots of times, so I am used to the layout.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
paging Brant from ON ONE...

i see your coming out with a 16in but what about a 19in?. with a 24-24.5 in top tube?. im 6ft 2in and could ride the 18 with a 135mm stem but would prefer to ride a 19 with a 100mm stem. that 21 with the gigantic top tube is too big a bike for the tight east coast trails i ride. so what da dilly :confused: . i have 20in soma juice that is perfect with a 100mm stem. i think you'll sell a lot of 19's if you make them. A WHOLE LOT ;) !.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
edouble said:
i see your coming out with a 16in but what about a 19in?. with a 24-24.5 in top tube?. im 6ft 2in and could ride the 18 with a 135mm stem but would prefer to ride a 19 with a 100mm stem. that 21 with the gigantic top tube is too big a bike for the tight east coast trails i ride. so what da dilly :confused: . i have 20in soma juice that is perfect with a 100mm stem. i think you'll sell a lot of 19's if you make them. A WHOLE LOT ;) !.
Is a 19.5in one witha 24.5in top tube ok for you?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts