Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rides like wrecking ball
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've searched around and can't find much about this. That frame/fork is my leading candidate to replace my 26" steel XC - I'm converting to big wheels for that riding. It looks like in the UK they may or may not be available now (some broken "buy" links on their site) but I'm wondering if anyone here will be importing them? I keep reading about delays but can't find much concrete info. Any rumors? :) Shiggy maybe?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I've searched around and can't find much about this. That frame/fork is my leading candidate to replace my 26" steel XC - I'm converting to big wheels for that riding. It looks like in the UK they may or may not be available now (some broken "buy" links on their site) but I'm wondering if anyone here will be importing them? I keep reading about delays but can't find much concrete info. Any rumors? :) Shiggy maybe?
We are expecting a 40-foot container in PDX in about 2 months. I do not have an inventory list yet or better ETA.

·
Rides like wrecking ball
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are expecting a 40-foot container in PDX in about 2 months. I do not have an inventory list yet or better ETA.
Thanks shiggy! Who's "we" exactly? Are you affiliated with a retailer or the retailer himself? Is it Unreal Cycles? Is there still a "Ben" there?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Thanks shiggy! Who's "we" exactly? Are you affiliated with a retailer or the retailer himself? Is it Unreal Cycles? Is there still a "Ben" there?
"We" is Planet X/On-One USA/Titus in Portland OR. I have worked for PX/O-O/Titus since last November.

Ben is no longer with the company.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Wow still another 2 months out?! Why all the push backs, I thought originally they were supposed to be ready my end of March, then got pushed back to "late July", now it is another 2 months? Not complaining or anything, just curious.
This is just the first container of On-One USA stock. Some of the items will likely arrive in the UK sooner.

·
Registered
515 Posts
"We" is Planet X/On-One USA/Titus in Portland OR. I have worked for PX/O-O/Titus since last November.

Ben is no longer with the company.
Don't know about Ben but, I gave Peter a deposit on a frame almost immediately lost my job. So, no new bike. This was a box XL frame and when I made numerous unanswered attempts to have a refund processed, I got no return call or e-mail. So, I posted something on their Facebook page and got an immediate reply.

Peter says they have a policy (first I heard as my receipt says nothing about non-refundable policy) no refunds. He claims I ordered a custom order frame however, when I initially inquired, his e-mail reply was that they had an XL "On the shelf". Further, Grammo confirms that XL is a standard frame size for them - not custom at all!!! Deposit was given with the acknowledgement that I would pay it off within 60 days for delivery. Within two weeks, I informed Peter of my situation and that I wouldn't be able to buy the frame then. He replied that their next shipment wouldn't be in until Dec. Thought I would be back to work then and agreed. Well, still no work and, they got a shipment in early on Nov 14 - I received an e-mail asking if I wanted to fulfill the order. I informed him that I wound't be able and likely not going to be able. At that time, I inquired about a refund - no reply!!! I sent four subsequent unanswered emails and three unanswered phone calls.

Not until I posted my situation on their FB page did I receive a reply!

Given the posts about Ben's good service, I'm figured he was no longer associated with the shop as Peter is a complete moron and, IMO, an unscrupulous dealer!!

Just my two cents and my experience!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
sorry to hear about your job....
sometimes it's rough hearing back from bike companies during certain times of the year.
holidays, pre seaotter, year end, interbike etc.
I've been trying to warranty my carnac shoes for months. no response.

good luck re-acquiring a job!
you'll have your ti 29er soon enough

·
Registered
515 Posts
At this point, has nothing to do with them not calling back! As stated, after posting my experience on their FB page I got a prompt response. Has everything to do with them refusing to refund my money. I gave them a deposit on a frame off the shelf- as per their e mail! Now that I am requesting a refund, all of a sudden Grammo makes XL only as a "custom frame". But, that is not what the manufacturer says - XL is a standard frame size. And, given their history of making false and innaccurate claims I will communicate only by e mail.

After hearing a few others experiences with Unreal Cycles, since Ben left, the place has fallen in the toilet. And, my experience with them confirms this!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
At this point, has nothing to do with them not calling back! As stated, after posting my experience on their FB page I got a prompt response. Has everything to do with them refusing to refund my money. I gave them a deposit on a frame off the shelf- as per their e mail! Now that I am requesting a refund, all of a sudden Grammo makes XL only as a "custom frame". But, that is not what the manufacturer says - XL is a standard frame size. And, given their history of making false and innaccurate claims I will communicate only by e mail.

After hearing a few others experiences with Unreal Cycles, since Ben left, the place has fallen in the toilet. And, my experience with them confirms this!
To be clear, On-One USA in Portland and Unreal Cycles in southern Oregon are different companies. The former is wholly owned by Planet X/On-One UK. Unreal handles Grammo. On-One USA does not.

Unreal helped us when Planet X/On-One acquired Titus a year ago. When we moved Titus/On-One USA to Portland in June, Ben stayed at Unreal.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
The Inbred 29 Swapout frames are in stock!
On-One and Titus USA Store — On-One Inbred 29er Frame

As is the Scandal 29 Swapout
On-One and Titus USA Store — On-One Scandal 29er Swapout Frame

·
Registered
30 Posts
Swapouts

How come the Scandals come with SS and geared dropouts and the Inbred 29 ain't?
It'll be nice if it comes with it also so we can go back and forth to SS and geared.:confused::confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
515 Posts
To be clear, On-One USA in Portland and Unreal Cycles in southern Oregon are different companies. The former is wholly owned by Planet X/On-One UK. Unreal handles Grammo. On-One USA does not.

Unreal helped us when Planet X/On-One acquired Titus a year ago. When we moved Titus/On-One USA to Portland in June, Ben stayed at Unreal.
Yes, hope I didn't make an assertion that you are one in the same!!?? Based upon what I've read and heard, your shop is far and away the better shop in Portland!!! As well, I've heard that since Ben left Unreal Cycles, that shop fell right in the toilet as confirmed by my experience!! LOL

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Yes, hope I didn't make an assertion that you are one in the same!!?? Based upon what I've read and heard, your shop is far and away the better shop in Portland!!! As well, I've heard that since Ben left Unreal Cycles, that shop fell right in the toilet as confirmed by my experience!! LOL
No problem.

I was not aware that Ben had left Unreal. Hope you get things sorted out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts