Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am trying to figure out what headset to purchase for this frame. I ordered the frame and have a fox f29 100 fork for it. I have been reading that the fox forks hit the downtube on some bikes, mainly 29ers, when you use a shorter stack headset. Anyways what i am getting at is if anyone has a newer inbred with a fox fork on it and with what headset they are using. I can not afford a chris king so that one will not help. Any suggestion would be great as well. Thank you.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Cane Creek S-3 plus 5 might work.

Maybe the FSA Pig Pro DH, it has a bottom stack by about 5mm. I have one on my Voodoo Canzo from when I was installing a WB Magic fork with a shorter A-C than the Reba that the bike was build around.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The fox F29 hits the downtube on my ti inbred 16" size, even with the smoothie regular headset (bottom stack height is a thick 15.1mm). You'll definitely need a S3 +5 or a chris king with a +5 bottom race. Or try not to crash on your left side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.