Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ss poser
Joined
·
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my very own, brand spankin' new ss should be done in about 2 wks & i'm trying to figure out where to do my first ride. i was planning on stt/luge loop, but the builder thinks that might be tough. i've been riding in my middle ring on my squishy bike to get ready for the ss. do ya'll think the 32x22 is that much different from the middle ring i'm riding now? i have no problems w/stt/luge loop or blackstar in middle. tks!!
 

Attachments

·
Mmmmmm Beer!
Joined
·
617 Posts
Sweet! Can't wait to see it finished. 32x22 would be great for climbing but you'll spin out on the flats to easy. I run 34x21 on mine and I weigh just a bit more than you. Try 34x22 first and go from there.

Oh yea. I'll be running a 32x22 on my 29er SS when I get it. It's just like this one.
 

Attachments

·
Not because I'm fast.....
Joined
·
748 Posts
tink bell said:
my very own, brand spankin' new ss should be done in about 2 wks & i'm trying to figure out where to do my first ride. i was planning on stt/luge loop, but the builder thinks that might be tough. i've been riding in my middle ring on my squishy bike to get ready for the ss. do ya'll think the 32x22 is that much different from the middle ring i'm riding now? i have no problems w/stt/luge loop or blackstar in middle. tks!!
I don't live in SoCal anymore, but the Whiting/STT/Luge loop should be doable for a first time SS ride on a 32:22 set-up. 32:19 use to be my fat out of shape gear and that was manageable on this ride. Just take a break if needed on the climbs and you should be fine. Good luck and before long you will be killing it on the SS.
 

·
ss poser
Joined
·
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet!! maybe we'll actually get out together on the new rigs!! i should be in shape by then!! ;)

CPATCRASH said:
Sweet! Can't wait to see it finished. 32x22 would be great for climbing but you'll spin out on the flats to easy. I run 34x21 on mine and I weigh just a bit more than you. Try 34x22 first and go from there.

Oh yea. I'll be running a 32x22 on my 29er SS when I get it. It's just like this one.

 

·
ss poser
Joined
·
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not so sure i want to do whitting, TOO!! that's a little ambitious for my first ride out! ;)

2farfwd said:
I don't live in SoCal anymore, but the Whiting/STT/Luge loop should be doable for a first time SS ride on a 32:22 set-up. 32:19 use to be my fat out of shape gear and that was manageable on this ride. Just take a break if needed on the climbs and you should be fine. Good luck and before long you will be killing it on the SS.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top