Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of building up my Ironhorse maverick to be singlespeed. I recently moved almost all of the parts from my Maverick onto my new Porter for urban, so I devided to go singlespeed on the Maverick. This will be used entirely for XC. Can anyone recomment some good parts for me, and i'm picking up a Godspeed tensioner from the LBS , and was wondering if anyone had experience with them? The parts I need reccomendations for are cranks and cogs.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
225 Posts
good luck with the build.......

Ironhorse said:
I'm in the process of building up my Ironhorse maverick to be singlespeed. I recently moved almost all of the parts from my Maverick onto my new Porter for urban, so I devided to go singlespeed on the Maverick. This will be used entirely for XC. Can anyone recomment some good parts for me, and i'm picking up a Godspeed tensioner from the LBS , and was wondering if anyone had experience with them? The parts I need reccomendations for are cranks and cogs.

Thanks,
Sean
Hey man sound like a good project.
I dont have too many opinions on parts, other then my limited exerpience.

I'm running a 32T Salsa Ring & Salsa Bashguard on older LX crank arms.
The rear wheel has a novatec ss hub and 20t cog.
With a scram chain.

So far I have no compalints and have had no Drivetrain issues at all.

I dont have any info on conversion kits.

Enjoy

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.