Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CEO Product Failure
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some movies which use Moab for their sets? It amazes me how many people cannot tell the difference between Moab and Arizona or the rest of the SW.

If this thread already exists, just point me there. Otherwise, I'll start:

1. A Million Ways to Die in the West. Comedy. Monument Valley is used extensively.
2. John Carter. Horrible Film. The scenes on Earth were supposed to be in Arizona. Monument Valley and the Lasalles are shown repeatedly. The scenes on Mars also shot in / around Moab. I only watched half the film; so bad I couldn't finish.
3. 127 Hours. This one's obvious if you know the plot.

Also, I repeatedly see hwy 128 used in commercials.

Any others come to mind?

·
Thin Man on a Fat bike
330 Posts
There are hundreds. If your in the area visit the Red Cliffs Lodge, they have a downstairs movie museum, many John Wayne films. Rio Grande shows the Duke riding across a property I own with a troop of soldiers. They are constantly filming out here.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
There is still a large wooden ladder going up a cliff on the west bank of the river near Dewey bridge that was used in the movie "Ten Who Dared", which was about the Powell Expedition.

Tom Cruise climbs up Dead Horse Point in one of the Mission Impossible movies.

Even Cisco has been used in several films, including "Vanishing Point", and "Thelma and Louise".

·
Registered
106 Posts
The very first part Indiana Jones 3 is filmed in Moab. Where Indiana is a boy scout as a youth. One of my friends from Moab says they used one of his friends horses in the movie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.