Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm in the market for a new bike, and I'm eyeing a high-end Jamis. I've never ridden one before, and don't believe any are sold in my area, so I was just hoping for some feedback regarding the quality of their bikes.

Thanks

·
"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
665 Posts
Well...you are in a forum full of Jamis owners who like them enough to read a forum about the bikes...so of course most of us like them. IMO Jamis beats most companies in value. Just compare the name brand components and level of components on a Jamis vs. the other mass produced bikes. The vast majority of mfgs out there will spec some generic or house brand components to save a buck. This almost never happens with Jamis. Even the low end of their road and mtn bikes for 07 are getting spec'd with Easton EA30 cockpit parts.

What bike are you "eyeing"?

·
"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
665 Posts
I think you would be hard pressed to find a bike spec'd as well for the same price. You are getting a carbon/steel mix frame, Ultegra 10 sp, FSA Carbon cranks, EC70 fork, and bomb proof Mavic wheels for $2500!!

Jamis = value

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, if anything it was the price that shocked me. But a well respected bike shop in Denver, Salvagetti Bicycle Works, thinks highly of the steel roadie line up as well, and will be stocking some... so hopefully I'll go get a test ride in. I like the frame only option as well.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
I purchased the 2006 Eclipse back in November to race the 2007 season with Have about 1000 miles on it now. Can honestly say that it is the best feeling bike I've ever owned. Most of the guys on my team opted for the Ventura or the Xenith, but I've always been a steel fan... this bike actually feels better the longer you ride...a big thing for me since I like to ride long....the first bike I've owned where after 5 hours in the saddle I am just as comfortable as the first hour...I'm now thinking about adding the Dragon to my stable...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I picked up my first Jamis full-susp. mtn bike about 6 months ago and love everything about it. The quality,customer service,fit ,everything.I think their great,plus i'm from jersey too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.