Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like things are going well at Brown County & Versailles. Kudos to those who have made these new trails happen. I'm pretty excited about the prospect of MTB in our state parks. Indiana's state parks are about the nicest that I have been in anywhere. I get excited just thinking abut the possibility of riding at Harmonie State Park near Evansville. The terrain is very well suited to some fun trails. Thanks for getting things started guys!

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
porkchop said:
It looks like things are going well at Brown County & Versailles. Kudos to those who have made these new trails happen. I'm pretty excited about the prospect of MTB in our state parks. Indiana's state parks are about the nicest that I have been in anywhere. I get excited just thinking abut the possibility of riding at Harmonie State Park near Evansville. The terrain is very well suited to some fun trails. Thanks for getting things started guys!
PC,

Thanks for the thoughts. Brown County and Versailles are the first properties, and are serving to a point as a demonstration or test case. A lot of hard work and effort has gone on to build the trails, (as much behind the scenes as on the trail!), and these two properties have been a great showcase of what is possible.

Brown County and Versailles are paving the way to help open other properties, but dedication, patience, and involvement are going to be required to move any property forward. I'm in Northern Indiana, and we don't have a destination like Versailles or Brown County, yet. A destination similar to Brown County, or trails like those at Ft Custer in Michigan would draw cyclists from miles and miles.

Any efforts to build new trail in state parks are going to have to measure up to these two properties.

It's happening, but it's a process and may take time. The best ways to speed up the process? Let people know which properties you are interested in. Get involved, write your paper, write your legislators, join the local cycling advocacy group, the Hoosier Mountain Bike Association and IMBA.

Good luck and if you want more info PM me or visit www.hmba.org. I know we've got a few other HMBA members lurking on the site too...

JmZ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.