Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm going to be flying in to Sedona on March 20th with my bike for the week, and will be riding every day. If there are any locals or any other out-of-towners that want to meet up for a right that would be great! I'm going to stop in all the local bike shops on my first day and ask about any scheduled group rides.

I've been browsing all the of the forums and have been watching some trail vids posted by TrailDoc...some of the trails that have peaked my interest include damifino, highline, hangover, high on the hog, ledgenairy, and mescal. I've also downloaded some of the GPX files and will use those with my GPS to help out.

About me...I'm 29 and from Ontario, Canada and I ride 3-4 times per week. We cut our own trails, and we make them as techy as possible. I ride really rocky trails that you can basically jog as fast as you can ride. I pride myself on my technical riding, especially short steep climbs and descents. I'm also comfortable with drops up to 10 feet.

Anyways, I will be in Sedona on March 20th with my Santa Cruz Blur LT so if anyone wants to get together let me know!

Can't wait to ride the red rock!

Dustin

·
Huffy Rider
1,401 Posts
If you can't find any boys to ride with, I will ride with you Wed, Thurs and/or Fri. I am not super fast, but I like to have fun. I can show you a few of those trails you listed. I am much better in the super techy stuff on my dirt bike, but I am learning how to do all this pedaling stuff.

Brenda

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
azepicriderandrunner said:
After I do this, I will be doing some easy riding south of Sedona on the 20th.
aer&r:

I think you really blew it by not adding the new FS Aerie trail to your mix. Also are you aware with the access issue Thunder Mt./Chimney Rock connector to Dry Creek Road, if not you need to find out about it? Is there a limit on the amount of miles the loop covers?

My route would have been Girdner to Az Cypress to OK to Dawa to Cockscomb to Aerie to Cockscomb to Rupp to Girdner to the Culural Center. I personally hate dropping down Rupp and would have taken Cockscomb to Dawa to Az Cypress to Girdner to the Cultural Center.

The picture shows the difference in the Local's Big Friken Loop and the event loop. Looks like the event loop goes clockwise where the Local Loop would go counterclokwise. The local loop is 66 miles.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass.

TD

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
antiherohio said:
Dustin,

Myself and a couple others will be in Sedona that same week. Riding everyday. Sounds like we like to ride the same stuff. Shoot me a line or I'll see you there!
Sounds like a plan. I will send you a PM later in the week with my contact details and we will meet up. Only 5 more days of work to go! Can't wait to get on the bike again!

·
Tucson, AZ
2,980 Posts
traildoc said:
aer&r:

I think you really blew it by not adding the new FS Aerie trail to your mix. Also are you aware with the access issue Thunder Mt./Chimney Rock connector to Dry Creek Road, if not you need to find out about it? Is there a limit on the amount of miles the loop covers?

My route would have been Girdner to Az Cypress to OK to Dawa to Cockscomb to Aerie to Cockscomb to Rupp to Girdner to the Culural Center. I personally hate dropping down Rupp and would have taken Cockscomb to Dawa to Az Cypress to Girdner to the Cultural Center.

The picture shows the difference in the Local's Big Friken Loop and the event loop. Looks like the event loop goes clockwise where the Local Loop would go counterclokwise. The local loop is 66 miles.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass.

TD
Gracias. Changing it later today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.