Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to find the old spline drive spoke wrenches?

I bought a DT swiss wheelset at a great price at a bike swap- part of the great price is it came with these bizzarre splined alloy nipples. Those that remember spline drive brand spoke nipples tell me that's what I have.

Can't find the tool to replace them with Standard Brass Nipples anywhere. Could use some help.

Anyone got any suggestions? THere's a review of the spline drive on MTBR, but the people who cite finding the company online cite doing so about 10 years ago.

Befuddled-
24elsinore

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Not that. Spline dive came and went. I had a wheel with spline drive nipples. Finally just clipped out the spokes and rebuilt because I couldn't find a spoke wrench.

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
Have you tried the maker?

http://www.trutechmfg.com/spline.html

They work fine, I built a couple wheels with them a while back and still have two wrenches, no you can have one.

Just call them, they should be able to help you out. No reason to change them, just get a few spare nipples.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Was SplineDrive any good?
We had them when I worked in shops...they were a solution to a problem that simply doesn't exist. Plus, they were more expensive than DT Alloy nipples...which is why they went away I assume. They came with a halfway useless spoke wrench, but I think Park or someone made a nice wrench for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts