Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
'redding mountain biking' meets at sunset market [eureka way towards old shasta] at 8:30 - if memory serves
yeah, and i second talkin to the guys at sports ltd.
i'll be up over the christmas break if ya wanna hook-up...i'm jonesin' for some whiskeytown :D
i'm gonna be hangin at my parents' place in shingletown - some sweet trails there too [mostly double-track quad-runner stuff]

·
2012 Race: April 28th!
871 Posts
RMB Info

Redding Mountain Biking meets every Saturday at 8:45 at Sunset Market. Tomorrow's ride is on the Westside Trail so if you don't know that area you should come on out. Next Saturday will be a long ride on the new Hornbeck/Sacramento Ditch trails with some "secret" trails like Rockamole mixed in. http://www.visitredding.com/documents/pdf/keswicktrails.pdf If you haven't ridden the Swasey Recreation area you should check it out too, great riding there and you can pedal into Whiskeytown:cool: http://www.healthyshasta.org/downloads/Swasey_BLM.pdf

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
LemurianGuy said:
Redding Mountain Biking meets every Saturday at 8:45 at Sunset Market. Tomorrow's ride is on the Westside Trail so if you don't know that area you should come on out. Next Saturday will be a long ride on the new Hornbeck/Sacramento Ditch trails with some "secret" trails like Rockamole mixed in. http://www.visitredding.com/documents/pdf/keswicktrails.pdf If you haven't ridden the Swasey Recreation area you should check it out too, great riding there and you can pedal into Whiskeytown:cool: http://www.healthyshasta.org/downloads/Swasey_BLM.pdf
I'm going to be up Redding next Saturday (12-27), what kind of mileage are you expecting out of that ride? I think I remember riding around there a few years back....well east of keswick dam atleast

Also rain or shine right?

·
871 Posts
Mileage will be 30+, but much of the route is flat so it goes pretty quickly. There are also a number of bail out points. Most of the trails we'll ride are less than a year old, so I doubt you've seen them before. A little rain won't stop us, but buckets of rain and howling winds will. Hope to see you next week!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Not hating on anything

But I would recommend if your only going to be in town for a ride or two, unless you are a beginner, not to waste your time on the hornbeck trail. Think, wide, flat, no flow. You would be better served with riding any of the stuff off swazey or out at whiskeytown. Or hooking up with a local and sampling all the really local stuff, i.e. twister, salt creek, clair de lume....

Nate

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I used to live in Redding, biked quite a bit around Swasey--my friend lived right there and hit up whiskeytown quite a bit but I never remember where the trails were, I was a follower, not a leader. I do remember Boulder Creek though, fun stuff--that loop we had 5 flats for a 4 man group :eek:.

Clair de Lune=right off iron mountain road right?

Skip...I'm in Redding from xmas to saturday or sunday and I'd love to ride a day in between, or everyday :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Ok................

Renovatio said:
I used to live in Redding, biked quite a bit around Swasey--my friend lived right there and hit up whiskeytown quite a bit but I never remember where the trails were, I was a follower, not a leader. I do remember Boulder Creek though, fun stuff--that loop we had 5 flats for a 4 man group :eek:.

Clair de Lune=right off iron mountain road right?

Skip...I'm in Redding from xmas to saturday or sunday and I'd love to ride a day in between, or everyday :thumbsup:
the only day I cant ride is X-mas day, other than that we could ride every day (weather permitting). PM me and we'll set somethin up.:cool:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Sat. ride...........

PieRow said:
hey, new to the site. Just seeing if anyones is near Redding. Me and my buddys would like to meet more people to ride with.
PieRow, weather permitting, my buddy and I are riding Whiskeytown about noon tomorrow if you want to come out. Mt. Shasta mine, Buckhollow, Canal trail maybe some others. Let me know. Hopefully you read this before then. CHEERS!:D
This invite goes out to anyone who would like to ride with us.

·
871 Posts
moegocanes said:
I ride Walker Mine Rd trail (on lake blvd) up to Shasta Dam, like 9 miles. Also Walker Mine to Quartz Hill.
Walker Mine Rd to Shasta Dam is the upper Sacramento Ditch Trail. Walker Mine Rd to Quartz Hill Rd is Lower Sacramento Ditch Trail to Hornbeck Trail, or all Hornbeck depending on which route you choose. I like riding both the lower and upper Sac Ditch portions, they have a nice flow and you can a good 60 mins of cardio workout if you push it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LemurianGuy said:
Walker Mine Rd to Shasta Dam is the upper Sacramento Ditch Trail. Walker Mine Rd to Quartz Hill Rd is Lower Sacramento Ditch Trail to Hornbeck Trail, or all Hornbeck depending on which route you choose. I like riding both the lower and upper Sac Ditch portions, they have a nice flow and you can a good 60 mins of cardio workout if you push it:thumbsup:
I've rode upper and lower and I liked upper better, nice flow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
skip canfield said:
PieRow, weather permitting, my buddy and I are riding Whiskeytown about noon tomorrow if you want to come out. Mt. Shasta mine, Buckhollow, Canal trail maybe some others. Let me know. Hopefully you read this before then. CHEERS!:D
This invite goes out to anyone who would like to ride with us.
Hey im waiting to get my new bike on xmas but after that we will have to meet up. Sound good? Im excited. :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
I will be off the week after x mas, Riding all the above and then some.

Wheres this rockamole. I have ridden many of the trails out there but don't know the names. I seem to keep finding little spurs here and there, didn't know they were named yet.

Bout a week ago, I found a bruiser off off nutter butter that comes down from land park.

·
871 Posts
ZEKEDAWG said:
I will be off the week after x mas, Riding all the above and then some.

Wheres this rockamole. I have ridden many of the trails out there but don't know the names. I seem to keep finding little spurs here and there, didn't know they were named yet.

Bout a week ago, I found a bruiser off off nutter butter that comes down from land park.
Rockamole is part of the old beltline that supplied the gravel for Shasta Dam. Its roughly beneath the scenic overlook. Its a steep place where a bunch of gravel fell off the beltline. Some days I ride it, most days I walk.

·
Registered
378 Posts
let me know when skip, i can bail on work for a long lunch. Tuesday(tomorrow) is looking good, according to Chita( oh yeah baby). I will email my cell number, also I am off work at about 1 pm wed, i could get a xmas eve ride in, haven't been on the bike in a week so I am getting rusty.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Used to call it...............

LemurianGuy said:
Rockamole is part of the old beltline that supplied the gravel for Shasta Dam. Its roughly beneath the scenic overlook. Its a steep place where a bunch of gravel fell off the beltline. Some days I ride it, most days I walk.
"Washout" back when I was a kid. WE used to ride out there on our bmx bikes. Thats where Ronnie Naylor probably learned all his mad skills for racing motos. Thanks for jolting my memory Ron.:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.