Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Let me ask my wife
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 63mm travel fork with the shortest axle to crown length I can find/make. I'd like a disc mount, if possible, and am not opposed to a frankenfork, e.g. 1999 SID w/ an early Judy bolt on crown or a modified White Bros. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
also think a used 97-99 Z2 (atom bomb/bam/superfly)... I'm not sure the a-bomb's had disc mount though, although the a-bomb & superfly (65ish mm real travel) were a bit shorter a-c than the bam's.
Can be found relatively cheap on ebay, easy to rebuild/work on, less flexy than the sid/judy's & bushings last a lot longer. There were a coupla issues with the 'fly's, but sounds like you want something on the lighter end of spectrum.

HoSS said:
I'm looking for a 63mm travel fork with the shortest axle to crown length I can find/make. I'd like a disc mount, if possible, and am not opposed to a frankenfork, e.g. 1999 SID w/ an early Judy bolt on crown or a modified White Bros. Any suggestions?

·
Let me ask my wife
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not too concerned about weight. I had a Superfly on my Bonty years ago, good performance but poor design. The placement of the air valves sucked. Anyone know the length of these forks?

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
Marzocchi's are know for their inmens higher built-in height compared to all the other brand's out there. So if you're looking for a low built fork; search for a Manitou or a RS for instance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.