Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, MTBR is testing a beta feature for signatures. By clicking this link, you'll be able to add a visual list of things you own to display to other members. This test is still in the early stages and very limited, but it will allow you to make your sig more dynamic and useful. Shoot us a PM to provide your feedback.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I Love my Rize
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
John D. Martin
August 15, 1921
January 29, 2007

My hero, icon, mentor and best friend.
World War II hero, Pacific Theater, US Navy
There will never be another generation like my Dad's, they sacrificed so much for us.
The most honorable of men.
A Man's father is more than a parent.
Dad......... I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.............. Your Son Dan

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush.
On quiet birds in circle flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I did not die.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Dan...nice tribute to a great man I'm sure. My Dad served in WWII as well, and was in Germany at the end. Not too many stories are shared but that's part of their generation I believe.

Let yourself grieve, and be proud of him.
JV

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
My condolences, I lost my dad 14 years ago. He was 10th Mountain Division in WWII, and a shell in the mountains of Italy took him out of the war right before he got redeployed to Japan. I miss him every day.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sorry for the loss of a father to you and a hero to all of us. We should all shake the hand and thank any WWII vet we meet; or any vet for that matter; while they're still with us. God bless you and your family.

·
Don't be a sheep
3,445 Posts
Lutarious said:
Perhaps the next "greatest generation" will be the few who have the guts to confront the criminals who are tearing this country and this planet to pieces right now.
EDIT; Nevermind. It's classless to turn this guys ode to his father into another Bush bashing fest.

·
Perpetual Hack
2,193 Posts
My thoughts are with you.

I lost my father this past May. He was also a WWII vet, wounded in battle in Italy. I miss him so much.....

regards,

michael

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.