Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the bolt still hits the stay upon release. I am looking to pick-up a frame, like the simplicity of my Avids and just want to know if there are any real, major problems.

I assume I could file the bolt down a bit so it clears- which doesn't seem like too much of an issue.

Let me know if I am looking at a major compatibility issue or not.

Thanks All!!!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Just wondering if the bolt still hits the stay upon release. I am looking to pick-up a frame, like the simplicity of my Avids and just want to know if there are any real, major problems.

I assume I could file the bolt down a bit so it clears- which doesn't seem like too much of an issue.

Let me know if I am looking at a major compatibility issue or not.

Thanks All!!!
Are you wanting to run singlespeed or geared?

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I've never had a problem with 185mm rotors even with the wheel pretty far back for SS use. I have never tried it with 160mm rotors though

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you wanting to run singlespeed or geared?
Hello Shiggy!

Acually looking at two frames- one geared and one SS- the SS I am not too worried about, but I assume if I run into any issues it will be with the geared set-up

·
Registered
177 Posts
Acually looking at two frames- one geared and one SS- the SS I am not too worried about, but I assume if I run into any issues it will be with the geared set-up
A while back I bought a last gen Inbred 29er and am running it singlespeed. It's a 19,5" frame and 185mm BB7 brakes. No problems running them, it's just a little fiddly to tighten the cable bolt but it's no big deal really. The bolt does not hit the frame, at least not with a 285mm disc.

I actually asked On-one about that and they also mentioned that you can order an alternative geared rear dropout that puts the brake outside the frame's rear triangle, just to avoid the BB7 clearance problem, only for geared dropout! I have that dropout but haven't tried it as my bike has been running singlespeed since I built it up and it might possibly stay that way. I was also going to buy a second frame to run gears but the frames were sold out so fast...missed chance. Love the bike!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
A while back I bought a last gen Inbred 29er and am running it singlespeed. It's a 19,5" frame and 185mm BB7 brakes. No problems running them, it's just a little fiddly to tighten the cable bolt but it's no big deal really. The bolt does not hit the frame, at least not with a 285mm disc.

I actually asked On-one about that and they also mentioned that you can order an alternative geared rear dropout that puts the brake outside the frame's rear triangle, just to avoid the BB7 clearance problem, only for geared dropout! I have that dropout but haven't tried it as my bike has been running singlespeed since I built it up and it might possibly stay that way. I was also going to buy a second frame to run gears but the frames were sold out so fast...missed chance. Love the bike!
That Swapout with the "outside" disc mount is just what I was going to mention. But we do not have them in the US as of yet.

We do have the Inbred 26 Swapout frames ready to ship.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts