Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I'm visiting family, from Norcal. I brought bike with me as the wife and I are going to either Sedona or Moab on the 29th. Is there anywhere within a 45 minute drive from I76 and and sheriden that is worth riding in the next couple days or am I out of luck? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I don't think anywhere close to Golden will be worth riding, but if you head up north a little bit you should be OK. I'd check out Heil Ranch (the south TH off Lefthand Canyon) and Hall Ranch, and potentially the trails up in Loveland in the next day or two. Loveland is pushing 45 minutes though.

BTW, it looks like Sedona got some decent snow this weekend, hopefully the trails dry out quickly for you!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just reading a thread about that. Looks like Moab is going to be the go to after we leave Arvada. Anyhow I'll be riding solo as the wife is sick, so if I get up early enough and leave towards Loveland I may go there tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

·
Rocks belong
5,311 Posts
I was just reading a thread about that. Looks like Moab is going to be the go to after we leave Arvada. Anyhow I'll be riding solo as the wife is sick, so if I get up early enough and leave towards Loveland I may go there tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

Got cold weather gear? The trails can be fun first thing in the morning, before the morning sun makes things sloppy.

I'd be happy to join you for a dawn patrol ride

·
Registered
236 Posts
We went up the fire road on the W side of North Table Mountain yesterday - that wind helped dry things out. Not sure about the N/E sides, though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For anyone who is interested, I rode heil ranch at 9 am today and got my ass kicked by the elevation! Man the air is thin up here. The downhill made it worth it though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you thought that DH was fun, head up to Hall Ranch tomorrow... it's way, way better. The climb will kick your ass again though. ;)
I wish I could've. Had to hang with family today. I'll be back hopefully sometime in 2017, thanks again everyone for the suggestions. I really do appreciate it.

·
Rocks belong
5,311 Posts
I wish I could've. Had to hang with family today. I'll be back hopefully sometime in 2017, thanks again everyone for the suggestions. I really do appreciate it.

You leaving today? I rode Dakota Ridge yesterday and it was great. Would be worth a ride before you leave town. Quick ride, tons of tech and minimal climbing after the initial grunt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts