Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bionic Mtn Biker
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my LBS today for a pair of gloves when I saw this hanging on a workstand:

Tried it out for size in the parking lot and the thing rode pretty well! Components aren't that great, but not too shabby for $549, so I picked it up along w/ the gloves. This will serve as my mess-around Urban/DJer. We'll see what happens when I take it to the jumps tomorrow...

Damn, stores just love impulsive buyers (aka "suckers") like me.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Man that thing is stealth lookin'!!! Get some action pics on some djs up here now!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ya the Zero rocks! I go to school in Philadelphia and I picked one up on employee purchase. Besides the crapiness of the hayes-mech rear brake (might as well ride brakeless) the bike is solid. I was pleasantly surprised at how well damped/stiff the Suntour fork is. Sweet bargain!

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
it could be me but the headtube looks a little weak, but other than that, sweeet looking bike, i kinda miss my old hardtail

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
pdirt said:
Straight word... for the price my friend got one and digs it too...

the fork is suspect, of coarse, but it's better than a frickin' Stance for shnizzle...

have fun mang!
Hmmm, interesting. I might have to check one of those out, because piecing a bike together is a pain in the ass and expensive.

I can't find it on the Haro website, what's the deal?
Geometry anyone?

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,491 Posts
konabiker said:
Hmmm, interesting. I might have to check one of those out, because piecing a bike together is a pain in the ass and expensive.

I can't find it on the Haro website, what's the deal?
Geometry anyone?
http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/zero.php

Dude, you need to get a LOKI and reprezent though... now c'mon?

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
pdirt said:
http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/zero.php

Dude, you need to get a LOKI and reprezent though... now c'mon?
Yeah, I know. But that thing has like perfect geometry. Bah we'll see.
I've decided to finish my DH bike before I do anything else for now, but we'll see. If I did get a LOKI it would prob. be a SS with back brake only, instead of that sweet build I posted up before.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
konabiker said:
Yeah, I know. But that thing has like perfect geometry. Bah we'll see.
I've decided to finish my DH bike before I do anything else for now, but we'll see. If I did get a LOKI it would prob. be a SS with back brake only, instead of that sweet build I posted up before.
Id have to say the Zero has PERFECT geo. I got on it and it just fit... Maybe swap out the rear brake for an avid mech or hfx9 and swap the fork for a Fox.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Red Bull said:
Id have to say the Zero has PERFECT geo. I got on it and it just fit... Maybe swap out the rear brake for an avid mech or hfx9 and swap the fork for a Fox.
That would be the plan, pretty much. Only thing is I wanna race some Dual...I guess I could just slap on a front brake and eal with it...

·
Bionic Mtn Biker
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Red Bull said:
If you need to upgrade the rear brake, you'll have to go mechanical if you keep the SST ORYG detangler on:

Or remove it to add a front or go hydro...at the expense of not being able to do barspins and truckdrivers :p

Since this will be my fun/mess-around bike, I'll just upgrade the major components as they wear out, and from the looks of it, the Tektro brake lever might be the first to go (the only weak-feeling component on an otherwise solid bike). For the minor stuff now, I'll slap on a pair of ODI or Lizard Skin lock-on grips, and a pair of Easton Flatboy pedals I have laying around.

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Nice looking bike for the price...Its always good to have a bike like that so you don't need to worry about breaking expensive stuff or getting it stolen. Never bought a $500 impulse item though. I'd have to save up for something like that

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah I was thinkin about puttin a Fox on mine, but then I was like, why would I swap out a fork that feels fine just for bling factor, cuz I'm gonna beat the piss out of it anyway... Maybe if it was a decent trailbike, but it doesn't really make any sense for a bike thats gonna meet the asphalt a couple times an hour. The only thing I did was put a pair of A-Frames on there cuz you know those stock peds. were gonna have zero grip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.