Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Looks pretty cool. Getting a set for 18 gbp seems like a pretty good deal too. I'm not sure I want fitted grips though. Dunno, maybe it would be good...

I see it's your first post (I'm all the way up to 7 myself). Are you related to the company in any way...i.e. are you a shill?

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
36,801 Posts
Not liking the mold to your hand idea. Sometimes my "oh ****" death grip changes to a more relaxed stroll through the tulips grip.

·
Banned
726 Posts
This seems very similar to a product I use called "Friendly Plastic", if it is then it sets very hard and slick, (hence the diamond mesh to provide some grip) and not what I would want a grip made from.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been testing these grips for years now and for the majority of the time they were molded without the mesh. I ride in all conditions (UK wet and mud) and found them to have enough grip without the mesh but using it gives them a better finish with no raised edges. I would not describe them as hard either, lapping Fort William DH on them was fine! If you have doubts I'd recommend trying 1 and you will soon realise how much better they are compared to your standard grips.

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
I've been testing these grips for years now and for the majority of the time they were molded without the mesh. I ride in all conditions (UK wet and mud) and found them to have enough grip without the mesh but using it gives them a better finish with no raised edges. I would not describe them as hard either, lapping Fort William DH on them was fine! If you have doubts I'd recommend trying 1 and you will soon realise how much better they are compared to your standard grips.
So you are related to the company then?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, I'd guess it's similar to a 70 durometer tyre. I'm not sure if the guys are actively watching this thread so I will ask them if they have a durometer reading if they do not reply soon.

·
Redcoat
1,005 Posts
Frankly who gives a [email protected] if the op is spamming. It's a legit idea related to what we are talking about and a great idea. I'm definitely going to be trying a pair of these. They'd be great on a commuter I'd imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
Frankly who gives a [email protected] if the op is spamming. It's a legit idea related to what we are talking about and a great idea. I'm definitely going to be trying a pair of these. They'd be great on a commuter I'd imagine.

Well, only issue with the spamming is covered here:

Mtbr Posting Guidelines

in particular point 3.

And also a bit further down it states:

"In addition to #3 above, please do not post Classified Ads/Want Ads/Trade Ads in the message board forum. Please post these in our Classifieds Section. "

·
Redcoat
1,005 Posts
Nee naw nee naw beep beep forum police! Jeez.

I appreciate the rules just saying for small companies like this with a great idea I really don't think we should bust on the balls of the op.

It's not exactly promoting kitchen tiles is it .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I want to be make everyone aware that I am one of the co-founders of TMR_Designs and the Imprint Grip.

Thanks for discussing the Imprint Grip here and we really appreciate all your comments/feedback (Good or Bad).

I notice a few concerns about spamming so I am going to keep this short and only address direct questions/concerns.

In relation to the hardness, the Imprint Grip has a Shore A hardness of approximately 40.

DIRTJUNKIE - The Imprint Grip will hopefully do away with the need for your 'Death Grip' because the grips are perfectly moulded to your hand to give you maximum control and comfort.

We have had lots of requests from magazines to put the Imprint Grip through its paces and we are working hard to get some prototypes out ASAP. Hopefully these reviews will also address any concerns that you may have.

If anyone has any other question please email us at*[email protected]

Thanks again for your comments but if you feel the need to remove this thread then that is fine and we fully understand.

Kind Regards,

[email protected] Designs.

·
Super Moderator
8,633 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I want to be make everyone aware that I am one of the co-founders of TMR_Designs and the Imprint Grip.

Thanks for discussing the Imprint Grip here and we really appreciate all your comments/feedback (Good or Bad).

I notice a few concerns about spamming so I am going to keep this short and only address direct questions/concerns.

In relation to the hardness, the Imprint Grip has a Shore A hardness of approximately 40.

DIRTJUNKIE - The Imprint Grip will hopefully do away with the need for your 'Death Grip' because the grips are perfectly moulded to your hand to give you maximum control and comfort.

We have had lots of requests from magazines to put the Imprint Grip through its paces and we are working hard to get some prototypes out ASAP. Hopefully these reviews will also address any concerns that you may have.

If anyone has any other question please email us at*[email protected]

Thanks again for your comments but if you feel the need to remove this thread then that is fine and we fully understand.

Kind Regards,

[email protected] Designs.
that's cool - as long as you answer questions about your product (not produced by shills) we're all good :)

you can also pop your website address in your sigline....

But please, no promotion of sales and specials on specific products and such

Love,
CHUM

1 - 20 of 28 Posts