Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
I "know a guy" who has purchased over $5,000 in parts and clothes from wiggle shipped to the North East USA and never paid a dime.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone purchased cycling shoes from the UK and paid import duty? I think shoes are treated differently than components and I believe shoes over $200 are subject to duty. Anyone know? Thanks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My coworker and I placed near identical orders for wheels when they had the 10% off coupon at Chain Reaction.

Both orders shipped out from CR the same day.

Both boxes were the exact same size.

Both boxes were being shipped to the same address (work).

Mine was valued about $30 more than his, but that appears to be the only difference.

His order showed up yesterday, no issues.

Mine showed up today. I had to pay $29.76 to get it from The Man. (Value was $315.11, $18.91 duty + $5.35 postal fee + $5.50 customs processing fee).

The box wasn't opened. The shipping invoice wasn't opened. The "Value" in pounds on the shipping invoice was visible thru the clear pouch. He is going to check his box tonight to see if the value was visible on his shipping invoice.

I have no idea why mine got tagged and his didn't. No shoes, no clothing, nothing but wheels.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Anyone know how duties are determined? I can't find anything about it on the net. Is it on all items regardless of price?

Thanks

·
Registered
434 Posts
Are there any Customs duties?

There may be customs duties applied to shipments to countries outside the EEC - please check with your local customs office.

USA Only - We have provided US customs duties information as the charges are easy to predict. Nearly all cycling goods are zero-rated by US customs. Groupset items and headsets are zero-rated - you will not have to pay any duty. Some items such as pedals and saddles are charged at 8%. US customs related issues are covered in more detail in Currency/ Customs Info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
mb300 said:
Mine showed up today. I had to pay $29.76 to get it from The Man. (Value was $315.11, $18.91 duty + $5.35 postal fee + $5.50 customs processing fee).
that seems messed up... isn't that considered like COD.. id be PISSSSSED

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Good thread as I have some wheels in bound.

Is there a way to track your order on the site under 'my account'? Only details I see is the date the item was processed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts