Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morris Velo Sports Team supported by Martys Reliable Center

Lewis Morris First held IMBA meeting @ boat house 4/9/05 2pm-5pm>>
Trail day with IMBA 4/10/05 @ boat house 8am to 3pm please call Greg Murray 973 829 8256 to get a spot!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
extrmtb said:
Morris Velo Sports Team supported by Martys Reliable Center

Lewis Morris First held IMBA meeting @ boat house 4/9/05 2pm-5pm>>
Trail day with IMBA 4/10/05 @ boat house 8am to 3pm please call Greg Murray 973 829 8256 to get a spot!!
So have the dates changed, I ask because Greg sent out an e-mail stating the dates were 4/8 and 4/9? Also, Greg contacted the Star Ledger and had a great artical about the event listing ht edates as the 8th and 9th.

So whos info is corect, I would think Greg's. Also there was a thread on this topic already started, why start another?

Bob W.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is a JORBA event open to anyone. See below

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Riders, hikers and fellow trail enthusiasts: Greg Murray here from JORBA & Morris Trails Conservancy. As you know from my

earlier email, the IMBA Trail Care Crew - Chris Bernhardt and Jill Van Winkle - is visiting Lewis Morris Park this coming weekend, as the

guests of Morris Trails Conservancy, JORBA, and the Morris County Park Commission. If you are planning to attend, please read the following carefully:

All riders and hikers are welcome, but registration is required since IMBA has a 45 person limit and so that we can gauge how much to

arrange for lunch, which is being provided courtesy of Marty's Reliable Cycle.

REGISTRATION & SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

To register, simply email me (Greg Murray at [email protected]) your first name, surname, phone number and date(s) you wish to attend. I have listed, later in this email, the names of those who have already registered.

Schedule of events (you can register for one or both) is as follows:

Friday, April 8, 2 PM - 5 PM: IMBA Trailbuilding School, Classroom Session. Sunrise Lake Boathouse, Lewis Morris County Park, Mendham, NJ. Learn the proper techniques in a classroom setting. This is a desired, but not mandatory, pre-requisite for the Saturday session.

Saturday, April 9, 8 AM - 3 PM: IMBA Trailbuilding School, Field Session. Put your newly learned trail building techniques to use

building or re-furbishing trails at Lewis Morris. Meet at the Sunrise Lake Boathouse, Lewis Morris County Park, Mendham, NJ.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

Here are some answers to frequent questions:

a) Directions: Directions at: http://www.jorba.org/lm/LM_tmdates.html OR: Head west on Route 24 from Morristown's Green. After three miles, take a left onto Lewis Morris County Park entrance road. Follow signs to Sunrise Lake. Park in the lot ABOVE the Sunrise Lake Boathouse and walk down the steps to the boathouse.

b) Cost: none, this is free for all attendees

c) Tools, gloves and food: Provided for you, no need to bring your own, but if you have any Pulaski's or Mcleods's, those you could bring

since we are short. If you have any special dietary considerations, it would be wise to pack your own lunch, otherwise lunch is provided.

d) Dress: On Saturday, plan to get dirty. I suggest you wear suitable clothes. Since we're in the woods, long sleeves and pants

are advisable in case of ticks and other bugs.

e) In case of forecasted rain: Friday's session is rain or shine, since it is indoors. Saturday's session will only be cancelled in the

event of torrential rain (drizzle or showers are OK). If you are in doubt, call the Morris Trails Conservancy at (973) 829-8256 and listen

to the greeting for directions on whether the trail date is off.

f) Should I bring my bike?: Feel free to bring your bike. There is a LIMITED participation evening ride scheduled after the Friday session

(see below for specifics). On Saturday, a scheduled ride is not planned, but you may find others on the volunteer crew you'd like to

ride with afterwards.

REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS (as of April 3)

Registrants for Friday's and Saturday's Trail building School so far:

James Barrone
Eric Carlson
Tom Carr
Duncan Douglas
Tom Edmunds
Jim Higdon
Greg Murray
Steve Riecker
Don Schatz
Albert Tomaro

DETAILS FOR FRIDAY EVENING

As indicated in "f" above, we are hosting a night ride for the IMBA TCC. For safety and logistical reasons, participation is extremely

limited. Please indicate if you are interested in this event (you must be a Friday or Saturday volunteer, naturally) and we will make

every effort to accomodate you.

Note 1: Please remember that self-conducted night riding is NOT legal in Morris County parks. Friday's ride is only permitted as it is

guided and is a part of a Park Commission/Morris Trails Conservancy-sanctioned event.

Note 2: Proper lighting equipment is required. You must have helmet and/or bar-mounted lights of at least 10W and 2.5 hours of run time.

Note 3: (Reminder) to participate, you MUST be registered for Friday or Saturday's session and MUST let me know ahead of time if you can

make this ride. Remember that participation is extremely limited, so there's a chance not everyone who wants to join this ride will be able

to. However, we will make every effort to accomodate you.

We look forward to seeing you on Friday and/or Saturday! In case of

any further questions, please simply email me.

Happy (dry) Trails!

Greg Murray

Morris Trails Conservancy Vice President JORBA Lewis Morris Chapter

Coordinator

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Greg I thought Sat was 10th my bad

Its Evan M. from Morris Velo sports team saying whats up bro..

P.S> hit I had the second most volunteering hours last year at the Lewis Morris park
Oh yea it's stinks when you don't calendar

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To everyone who show at IMBA @Lewis

I would like to say thank you for everyone show up I know I didnt do much..(I guess to many people involve ) peace out AKA "E"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.