Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're looking for a long ride this weekend why don't you come out to the IMBA Epic this Sunday. The Paul's Dirty Enduro 100km course has been selected as an EPIC ride. More details at my blog. See the link in my .sig.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Not quite sure I agree that a 60 km tour of the Ganaraska is "epic", but I was much more interested in your update on the OTC. I remember contacting the OTC on behalf of Kolapore as soon as I found out about it and was told no you can't join as an individual, only the head of an organization can join. Your comments suggest otherwise... have their policies changed?

More to the point, you've questioned the ability of OTC to represent a spectrum of users, which was the bottom line message that we got as well... it didn't (and doesn't) seem like a hopeful avenue to pursue.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kay. said:
...but I was much more interested in your update on the OTC. I remember contacting the OTC on behalf of Kolapore as soon as I found out about it and was told no you can't join as an individual, only the head of an organization can join. Your comments suggest otherwise... have their policies changed?
Apparently you can. I tried to join as an individual in the past without success as well.

Kay. said:
More to the point, you've questioned the ability of OTC to represent a spectrum of users, which was the bottom line message that we got as well... it didn't (and doesn't) seem like a hopeful avenue to pursue.
Indeed I have, and that may be a tad irresponsible of me. But another point I stress is that while it might not be the ideal option it is really the only option we have. Well I guess you could count the "do nothing" option, but I don't really think that is a viable long term option.

We humans like to focus on what we might lose, in this case all the time involved in getting involved in the OTC if it doesn't work out. But I'd encourage you to look at the other side of the equation, all we stand to gain if it does work out in the long run.

PS next time feel free to post up a comment on the blog.

·
Person
775 Posts
jmurray said:
AFAIK that's not part of the plan. A good idea though.
It would be great for new riders to have a few marked loops in the ganny. It took me years to learn the trails, must be disapointing for people who go there for the day and end up only riding the double track.

Ibex stinks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.