1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help Preserve Access to Famous Colorado Trails
-- Buffalo Creek, Monarch Crest, Colorado Trail, and Leadville, Salida,
Colorado Springs areas affected
A series of important public meetings in January and February will help determine the future of some of Colorado's best mountain biking trails. Mountain bikers are encouraged to attend these meetings and request our continued access to epic rides like the Monarch Crest Trail, Buffalo Creek, sections of the Colorado and Continental Divide Trails, and numerous trails near Colorado Springs, Salida, Leadville, and Pueblo.
The Pike and San Isabel (PSI) National Forests are revising their management plan, which will determine how forest lands and trails will be managed for the next 15-20 years. The PSI is also undergoing separate planning to determine which trails will be open to OHV use. Both planning processes will be addressed at the public meetings.
Let the Forest Service know that mountain bikers care about protecting the environment and responsible recreation. Your attendance is crucial to help preserve access to our favorite trails.
For more information, visit the Forest Plan revision website.
Meetings are scheduled for the following locations and dates:
1. Leadville, CO: 1/17/07; 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.; National Mining Hall of Fame & Museum, 120 W. 9th St.
2. Salida, CO: 1/18/07; 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.; Chaffee County Fairgrounds, 10165 County Rd. 120
3. Denver, CO: 1/30/07; 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.; Lloyd C. Clements Community Center, 1580 Yarrow St. (Lakewood)
4. Colorado Springs, CO: 1/31/07; 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.; La Foret Conference Center, 6145 Shoup Rd.
5. Westcliffe, CO: 2/14/07; 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.; Rancher's Roost Cafe & Bowling Alley, 25 Main St.
6. Pueblo, CO: 2/15/07; 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.; El Pueblo Museum, 302 N. Santa Fe Ave.
7. Fairplay, CO: 2/21/07; 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.; Fairplay Fair Barn, 880 Bogue St.

·
I think I can.
1,242 Posts
Bump

4. Colorado Springs, CO: 1/31/07; 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.; La Foret Conference Center, 6145 Shoup Rd

For all involved and those who care, let's put a group together for the Colorado Springs area as we have lot's to protect.

What a wonderful place to live.

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,879 Posts
JOEMTBR COLORADO said:
4. Colorado Springs, CO: 1/31/07; 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.; La Foret Conference Center, 6145 Shoup Rd

For all involved and those who care, let's put a group together for the Colorado Springs area as we have lot's to protect.
Might I suggest a Brokeback Inflexible's t-shirt for y'all?

Where are we going for beer afterwards?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Colorado Springs ?

All,
I would like to attend on the 31st. Where is Shoup road and who else will plan to be in COS for this meeting? Yes if only the downward dogs could stand up and be heard !

Later...

·
Hairshirt Rider
1,879 Posts
CSPRINGS said:
All,
I would like to attend on the 31st. Where is Shoup road and who else will plan to be in COS for this meeting? Yes if only the downward dogs could stand up and be heard !

Later...
Shoup road is the Black Forest. Easiest way to get there is to take hwy 83 North. It is a couple of miles north of the Powers road interchange.

·
I think I can.
1,242 Posts
Hey Kristian

What do ya say, are we going to see you and the rest of the group out there?

ie: kchri, nickle, dhpimp, hecklerasx.

By the way I talked with dallas, 3wp and he is moving back to Texas, had a great season of riding, contact us when your back in town for a visit, even if you don't bring your bike we will find you one.

Joe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.