Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings SS'ers. Here are a few of our beloved MTBR singlespeeders captured in their element at the '05 Sea Otter Classic.

This year I decided to check my ego at the door and not race. It's time to step aside and let someone else bask on the podium for a change. Race on, youngsters...

(I'm taking the cheap way out and posting pics the easy way sans individual captions until I find an easier/quicker process)

1) Shiggy brings the Chester on home
2) ssped grinds the rigid Gunnar
3) MTBR Kingpin Francois smokes by me on his rigid Retrotec. Zoom!
4) Impy pushes the SS Sycip for a solid 19 miles. Nice!
5) aosty on his Dean 29er leads a pack of gearies up the final climb.

Attachments

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Images of Otter pt. II

Hollywood said:
Greetings SS'ers. Here are a few of our beloved MTBR singlespeeders captured in their element at the '05 Sea Otter Classic.
1) aka Brad sprints the final climb
2) anyone know this guy?
3) or this guy? Nice Kelly 29er!
4) new ti Jericho 29er. Yes Josh is alive and building.
5) I could be found cruising on my bad Schwinn pit bike :)

more in Passion

HW

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sweet

Nice pics Hollywood. I somehow didn't run into you this year, we ran into Andy aka Rut, and Padre at the MTBR booth, and met Francois (and one or two other guys who's names/handles, I've forgotten.) out on the trail while re-grouping near the end of our Sat. pre-ride. On Sunday I saw Aosty and, I believe, Impy at the start of the expert race. Padre's wife was next to me in the line-up, before the start. I said "Hey", but I don't think she recognized/heard me, or maybe just had her game-face on. Sportin' a nice new bike too. Later on in the race I saw Padre out on the course cheering. Think that's all of the familiar SoCal faces I saw while up there.

What was this about an Alley-Cat on Sat. night? We must've missed out on all the festivities what with staying in Salinas, and going to bed early to get rested up for race-day. We did take in some of the sights of downtown Salinas. Including a brawl between two women, one of whom was armed with a pool cue, taking place across the street from the window of the restaurant where we ate on Sat. night. Sadly, no photos of that to contribute to the thread.

-Trevor

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hollywood, any shots of bib number 4101? I was racing a karate monkey and had a Santa Clara Uni jersey on. I came in right before Francis and I know I swapped places with him a few times. If you managed to snag a shot of me that would be awesome.

The Ito

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts

Anyone know the scoop on these handlebars on the Jericho? They're shaped like Jones H-bars, but they look like a single-piece using with three stem attachments to the steerer tube. What gives?

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Hollywood said:
2) ssped grinds the rigid Gunnar
I was on ssped's wheel early on in the race and just have to say "wow" you got some great bike handling skills. The section on the first single track before heading off to Hurl Hill where the gravel covered the drain pipe - I thought you were going to lose it there, but you put it into a sideways slide and just flowed through. Nice!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
ssmike said:
I was on ssped's wheel early on in the race and just have to say "wow" you got some great bike handling skills. The section on the first single track before heading off to Hurl Hill where the gravel covered the drain pipe - I thought you were going to lose it there, but you put it into a sideways slide and just flowed through. Nice!
I watched ssped a couple of turns ahead of me on the last singletrack. He was railing it. Climbed back to the track together then his bigger gear left me behind.

I tried to get on the wheel of a tandem for the pavement but was blocked by a GEARIE on the last dirt dh corner! :mad:

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
awesome thread, ya'll!
really wish i was there.
at least i had a really good weekend of riding road and mtb with incredible spring weather. we did trail maintenance and put in a log ride over a creek- and then got our bikes and rode it! nice. looking forward to seeing more pics. does anyone want to start a thread with all of the board members' race results from the official Sea Otter site? you guys/gals were really representin' :D

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Anybody have pics from the Pro/Expert?

Did anybody hang around to shoot the late crowd? The LycraWierdoTwoLappers are single speeders too! =)

I think the wind drove everyone away and the long drive home was daunting to say the least...

JMH

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, where are the pictures... I got my ass handed to me in the expert wierdo two lapper cat.. #407 I think. Ohh if you have any of my buddy 472 that would be cool too.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.