Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new here and need some help. I have been out of the game for a loooong time and am wanting to get back into riding. Bikes have changed a TON since I rode. I am looking for an all mountain ride that is full suspension. I went into a local shop and looked at a Trek Fuel EX5, and a Specialized FSR XC Rim. They seem to be pretty similar. I have owned two Specialized in the past and love them.

I have seen a bike called Motobecane Fantom Comp DS, and it seems to be a pretty nice ride, and for less than $900. Anyone heard of them? What are your recommendations? I don't mind spending a little more if I'm really getting that much more out of it. HELP!!!! And thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am just wanting a bike that I can do everything on. I might have to work my way into the drops and such, but I don't want to have to upgrade in a couple of years.

Are any of the bikes that I mentioned above worth looking into?

·
Formerly DMR For Life
989 Posts
BadBoyRipper said:
I am just wanting a bike that I can do everything on. I might have to work my way into the drops and such, but I don't want to have to upgrade in a couple of years.

Are any of the bikes that I mentioned above worth looking into?
of the two bikes you listed the trek is definately a cross country bike with a 71 degree head angle, while the Spec is more AM with a 69 degree head angle (the lower the head angle the better it handles at high speeds ie downhill)

anothe option to consider is a Giant Reign more AM than the other two and either one comes with as good or better components

DMR

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,880 Posts
Value for $$$... Giant Reign or Reign X

Santa Cruz has a redesigned Heckler, they have been a good value as well, but I like the Reign suspension better. SC Nomad is more comparable to a Reign X, but lots more$$$.

Since youre just starting back, it will be tough to tell what you need. A Reign X or Nomad can do almost anything you'd want.

Try to ride lots of bikes, good luck...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.