Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today on the way back from my lbs i was crossing at a street, there was no lights, it was a parking lot to parking lot thing, and halfway through i see this nut doing like 70 kmh right towards me i figure hes far ill just cross he might see me and stop anyways, no cigar he saw me and accelerated even moreso and when i realized he wasnt going to stop and i slammed on my brakes it was too late i had been hit, i was riding my bmx beater,and ironicly i guess i was carrying home the last peice to my primary bike, a stem, and on the way it hit me, i wasnt seriously hurt i dont think and we are just observing me now (it happened about an hour ago) i wasnt wearing my helmet which was stupid and i didnt cross at the lights which was stupider

i landed on my back luckily and my bmx took most of the blow (peg bent) now the guy wants 700 dollars

heres the thing do i not have the right of way? when he saw me shouldnt he have automatically stopped?

can i go parlyzed overnight, after the fact or would it happen instantly just incase

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
Since you were on a bike you have to follow the same laws as a car, so technically I think its your fault. But due to his excessive speed (which cant be proved most likely) he could face some problems.

·
Registered
208 Posts
What a c%#t.

If he accelerated at you then I don't care whether its your fault or not. People like that are f#cked.

Not quite sure I understand the situation but glad your ok and hope the guy has to pay you.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
by the way im 14 so if you can imagine what its like...but i was barely damaged and im a big guy so im just worried about a terrible aftershock that could change my life

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when i was talking to him after he even said this "i saw you in the road and you were slowing down so i wasnt sure if i would accelerate or stop" like what kind of rush was he in that he could have killed me

·
Just hit it with speed
480 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but in every car accident, bike fall, snowboard fall and other high speed impact I've been in, the next day is ALWAYS the worse. Cuts hurt more immediately, bumps, bruises and whiplash reel up with time. Granted now I've never been stationary and hit by a car but I have a feeling that it would make things more painful.

·
Banned
4,137 Posts
potvinwannab said:
when i was talking to him after he even said this "i saw you in the road and you were slowing down so i wasnt sure if i would accelerate or stop" like what kind of rush was he in that he could have killed me
Did you give the guy your name or something?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes we exchanges personal information for legal reasons

yah i know it always hurts more a day later espescially in the case of muscle pains, i hit my head several times on the skatepark floor and my head didnt hurt till 2 days later

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,875 Posts
potvinwannab said:
i didnt cross at the lights which was stupider

heres the thing do i not have the right of way?
No.

If you don't follow the rules, how can you expect cars to follow the rules?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i checked i do infact have the right of way because the coast was clear until the maniac came speeding after i was halfway past the road, he saw me he even said he did he just didnt feel he had to stop he felt he could squeeze, and around here either way i dont legally have to pay a cent believe it or not most likely, because it was a simoltaneous collision and even if it wasnt bike always have the right of way my uncle was going the wrong way on a road and got hit and it was his fault and he didnt pay a cent, same with my moms friend pedestrians and cyclists when it comes to being hit by cars are the same because of the light dutiness of the respective transportation devices, a bike stands no chance against a car neither does a pedestrian, if he saw me which he did and he had plenty of warning i have the right of way i will be confirming this tommorow with pollice

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well its tne next day and indeed the whiplash is worse i have a horrible pain in my right shoulder when i put any stress on it and my back aint feeling so good but nothing that my moms friends who is a chiropractor cant fix hopefully...

i didnt ride infront of a speeding car, i didnt see it it just appeared some how and it seemed to be going faster and faster i tried to stop but it was too late trust me my first choice for fun is not to ride infront of speeding cars but yes i am lucky i survived he hit me at atleast 30 kmh, yah im going to a doctor soon

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Something sounds fishy here. The guys speeds up, hits you, and then asks for $700??? What am I missing here? Did you bike damage his vehicle for $700 worth? Did he even apologize for hitting you?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lolz ofcourse i damged his car what you think he has mental illness because he hit me? lolz could happen but suffice to say my mom also thouht it was fishy, he said sorry but all he kept saying was "THANK GOD YOUR ALRIGHT HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PAY FOR THIS" "TE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THAT YOUR OK, IM GOING TO HAVE MY FRIEND CHECK IT OUT AND GIVE YOU AN ESTIMAT" 20 minutes after the accident he calls n says its 700 cash

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.