Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Oh yeah - it only took an hour to drive the 11 miles into office this morning - total white out, cars off the road, the Christmas Crowds are in full bloom - current weather conditions - white on white with horizontal bands of white. Pics tomorrow.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
cutthroat said:
Oh yeah - it only took an hour to drive the 11 miles into office this morning - total white out, cars off the road, the Christmas Crowds are in full bloom - current weather conditions - white on white with horizontal bands of white. Pics tomorrow.
:D

I came back to work on Monday. The Mrs & kids are still in Vail. She told me they closed the mountain temporarily due to high snow & wind. I'm driving back up tonight or tomorrow morning. Good thing I have snow tires.
Wish me luck.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
F'yeah.

Vail received another foot with more on the way later this weekend.

Bikes are dumb.
A whole foot?

Aww........that's so cute. :)

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Enjoy the Tahoe rains.
or maybe you'll get lucky and find some Sierra sludge.
I'll be thinking of you while I enjoy the champagne
Touchy

Winter was cancelled this year.

I'm still bike riding every weekend.

As far as "sludge" goes........I moved here to survive backcountry skiing, not be buried by it.

Have fun. If summit county has anywhere near the people we do right now, it might be tough.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
kidwoo said:
Touchy

I'm still bike riding every weekend.

Have fun. If summit county has anywhere near the people we do right now, it might be tough.
Nah. just jabbing back at ya. Some of my friends who visit Tahoe regularly have been washed out a few times this season. Tahoe is just such a feast or famine place.

We definitely do not see the big Tahoe like snows in Colorado, but we never really have bad years either.

And I'm still riding my bike too during the week here on the front range where it's been sunny & 50.

Summit County? Bah Humbug. I'm an Eagle County guy.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Summit County? Bah Humbug. I'm an Eagle County guy.
Vail is so close, I thought that was summit too.

Still gotta drive through the mess though.

Before I moved out here I spent many partial seasons in CO and had some really good days....mostly at steamboat or Crested butte (when it used to snow there).......then I discovered jackson. :D

If all this rain had been snow, we'd be setting records, it's nuts..........but alas........our winter is teh suxxor so far. My back isn't missing the shoveling though.......it's freed me up to destroy it building dirtjumps instead. I've skied once this year.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel Time to hit the road. CDOT isn't painting a pretty picture for the high country roads tonight.[/QUOTE said:
I just came down from Winter Park today, wasn't bad up to the WP turn-off. It was bad on the way up this morning, but coming back was a breeze.

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
The mountains that are even reporting yet are saying 30-40 inches with another 2-3 feet today. Nobody's even open.

Squeaky.....keep talking smack.........it's working. :D

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
my new streetracer 8 pilots worked killer in the slop last wed and my custom boot liners just showed up today. gotta work all weekend long but the local adut league (beer and skiing) mini super g series starts wed night and im headed up north for some hopefully decent snow next weekend. wish ME luck!

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
cactuscorn said:
my new streetracer 8 pilots worked killer in the slop last wed and my custom boot liners just showed up today. gotta work all weekend long but the local adut league (beer and skiing) mini super g series starts wed night and im headed up north for some hopefully decent snow next weekend. wish ME luck!
G'luck.

I demo'd a set of streetracer 9s last year. Should be a good race ski. Not meant for anything but hard snow.

Woo....enjoy that pow. I hope the temps stay down for ya & it don't get washed away.
(reverse psychology) :D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
cactuscorn said:
Hell yeah, I wish you luck! Street racers in the pow ! If so, it's pretty much the opposite of what they were designed for, go for a set of Aztec pro or last year B2. But for reg slopes, they're so much fun.
Last week-end I had a go on a set of Salomon race-prepared 3Vs, whoah killer skis. Also the Volkl Superspeed allstar, I highly recommand them!
Anyways, back to the lab to install the DA Pike I received yesterday!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.