Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sick of having two rings up front, I never use the smallest one, even for the toughest trail riding, and it just seems to add hassel. I'm riding a stock 2004 gemini 900, what do I need to do two make those two rings go away?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Lickqid said:
I'm sick of having two rings up front, I never use the smallest one, even for the toughest trail riding, and it just seems to add hassel. I'm riding a stock 2004 gemini 900, what do I need to do two make those two rings go away?
take the smaller one off? that sounds like problem solved right there

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Lickqid said:
so that won't screw anything up at all? I'm completely new at this by the way.
im assuming you have a crank puller, you will need to loosen the allen bolt holding your cranks on then pull them off with the crank puller. then take the allen bolts out of the chainring and pll them off and attach the larger one (probably back to the bash guard).

you will want to look into a chain guide ot prevent the chain form slipping. but i dont see why you would need this done...if you have acess to the smaller chainrng and you need it it is helpfull, if you dont have acess to it it will not be any good, plus is it bothering you that much right now

·
Registered
287 Posts
I dremmeled mine off..but only because the 1st chainring got mangled and i couldnt pedal anymore. Its more annoying without it cuz if your chain slips..which it does and will, you cant pedal it back up because it gets stuck in the gap and you have to get off and pull it out. Although i did solve this problem by tuning the derailer so that the chain is smushed between it and the bashguard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.