Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhhhhhhhh is only Dec 5 have a foot of snow. We are getting a little every day due to "Lake effect" I'm sick of it already .... I want to move south and ride!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for the input, I'm just whining!!!! I logged so many miles on the road in the winter I feel like my toes and fingers will never warm up. I have cross country skis, classic and skating but I really don't like it. I do it to get out, maintain fitness and get me through the winter. Got some snow shoes too!. I downhill ski but again only to pass the winter months. Tried snowmobiling that's fun but not worth the big $$$$$.

My car is covered in salt. My garage floor is covered with grit and water from the melted snow from my cars "fenderbergs"

Bottom line I love 85 to 90, blue skies and sunny.

oh well thanks for leting me vent!!!!

G

·
Riding snow is okay too

We have more riding in the winter than summer here in Alaska. Any place the snowmachines make a trail we can ride it. We even ride the 1100 mile Iditarod Trail with our bikes instead of using dog teams. You just don't know what your missing by sitting around and whining.
Bill M
www.alaskaultrasport.com

Attachments

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
I second that as snow biking is great as it teaches you more technical skills for the next up and coming season, and it is very fun conquring trails that are very technical in the spring and summer, and even more technical in the winter becaseu the snow covers all of the obsticacles. I would also like to take up xc skiing for the winter months, so I could still go on trails when there is too much snow to ride them on the bike. I have also been going to the gym and going on the bikes and lifting weights to get my upper body stronger. You just have to make the best of things here on the east coast.
Later
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.