Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I did something stupid and didn't remove the lower crown race from the Monster T I just sold. So now when I went to install my new fork (Z1 Lite), I realized the error. I'm not sure what to do now. The headset is a Race Face Real Seal DH and I'm sooo close to finally getting this bike back together. Am I out a whole new headset?

And yes, I did learn something...:madman:

Thanks all

Cheers

KavuRider

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Just go get a new crown race. LBS should have one, if not you'll find one on line np. Check universalcycles.com, they have a good selection of that stuff online.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been looking, so far I've only found the crown race for the new Diabolus or Deus headsets...not sure if that's compatible or not. Guess I could email Raceface. Haven't checked Universal yet either, thanks!

KavuRider

G

·
Talk to the guy that you just sold the fork to, he could probly mail it to you in an envolope?
Unless you need it right away..

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I need it right away.
The other problem is that the guy already sent the fork back to Marzocchi to have a new steerer installed - so I'm pretty sure that its gone for good.

KavuRider

·
Registered
853 Posts
bummer. I've run into the same problem with a different headset (wanted an extra crown race so I could swap forks). It seems that for many headsets, parts are not available - you've got to buy a new headset. I don't know about your particular headset, so maybe you'll get lucky and find a race. In my case, I called the manufacturer (Ritchey) and explained the situation, and they dropped one in the mail for me.

·
In exile
542 Posts
KavuRider said:
Yeah, I need it right away.
The other problem is that the guy already sent the fork back to Marzocchi to have a new steerer installed - so I'm pretty sure that its gone for good.

KavuRider
Nope - when I sent mine, I said I would pull it. Mike said that they would pull it and zip tie it to the fork to send back. I would call RF and be done with it though.

·
Registered
629 Posts
This may be way out there, but why not try calling marzocchi and tell them what happened?

Everytime I've dealt with them they've been real cool.

If they've worked on your old fork very recently, there's a chance the old steerer is lying around and maybe they'll mail your race back to you.

I'd give it a shot.

·
In exile
542 Posts
FISHLEG said:
This may be way out there, but why not try calling marzocchi and tell them what happened?

Everytime I've dealt with them they've been real cool.

If they've worked on your old fork very recently, there's a chance the old steerer is lying around and maybe they'll mail your race back to you.

I'd give it a shot.
I thought the same thing. I would specifically ask for Mike. I haven't dealt with many others, but he has always helped me.

The bad news is, I haven't reused any races lately that I thought went on the fork as tightly as when new. I would stick with the call to RF. If they don't have them, I am with the dude that says to get a Pig DH Pro.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.