Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I took the rear shock and rear triangle off my giant glory fr a little while ago and set all the hardware aside. The time has come to reassemble it and I have these two black washer spacer things and I cant remember were they belong. I have never taken this part before and really have no idea. I feel like it should be obvious and it probably is but i can't figure out were they were. If any one could help me that would be great.

. Blue Brown Eyebrow Text Photograph

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any ideas anyone? I'm pretty sure they are some part of the hardware for mounting the rear triangle to the rocker arm. Does any one know if their is supposed to anything in between the bearing in the rear triangle and where it would contact the rocker arm where they connect?

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
It might help to space out hardware in the order you take things apart next time. Basically like a "mock up" in a way where everything is layed out in order and in proportion. All you have to do to put things together properly is put it together as it sits right in front of you. No more digging through a pile of nuts and bolts to get what you think works here and there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks that is what i figured its really the only thing that made sense, i just wasnt sure if it could have been part of the shock mounting hardware or not. And I totally agree that spacing it out in the right order would have been a great idea but it was taken apart for a little while not just couple minutes so i ended up throwing all the hardware in a zip lock so i didnt loose anything. Anyways thanks for the help

·
Registered
28 Posts
take pictures

Now that you can't throw a dead cat without hitting a camera nearby, just take lots of pictures when you're taking apart something in unfamiliar territory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.