Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Lets ride
129 Posts
Wow thats a shocker

SlowerThenSnot said:
Found this...

Have noidea if it true but good golly I'm not gonna be drinking there any more!

That is just so lame!
I work at corporate and they give us a bike room with work stands and tools, I also organize work parties with the locale non for profit bike organizations here in Seattle through Starbucks. Its one ignorant employee and thats too bad.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
It's hard to believe that someone would be sooooo petty as to relocate an employee for such a reason.

The world is a far better place if I'm drinking Starbucks coffee. At least that's what my co-workers tell me.
:yesnod:

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Drewdane said:
You wanna boycott Starbucks, do it 'cause of their crappy burnt coffee, not because you read something on the Internet that you admit you "have no idea" is true.
Amen to that!

Though if there's any truth to the allegations, and the company is choosing to support the manager...

But I can't boycott a place I would never frequent!!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I emailed them and included a link to the article. It'd be nice if they realized this is circulating a large audience and hurting their image. All of you should do the same.

BM

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
Drewdane said:
You wanna boycott Starbucks, do it 'cause of their crappy burnt coffee, not because you read something on the Internet that you admit you "have no idea" is true.
Damn straight. I'm with you all the way on this one!

Kn.

Attachments

·
Cheney for Sith Lord '08
179 Posts
I just love how many of the same people that spout "support your LBS" with their last breath often frequent a strongarm monopoly like Starbucks who muscle out Ma and Pa coffee shops on a regular basis.Capitalism at it's finest :madman:

·
Nothing here
757 Posts
The woman is probably a fat b!tch who doesn't see the light. I can't stand ignorant idiots like her, especially when they are in a position to influence others like that. I hope she gets fired. On the other hand, Starbuck's stock is great, should I sell it now?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,315 Posts
I love how everyone concludes that the story is true without hearing the other side. It is also entirely possible that he was doing a crappy job, knew he was going to be transfered, and came up with this story of what happened ex post facto in an effort to not get moved, or get moved back.

Even assuming it is true, that doesn't represent the policy of the corporation, just one manager. Like others said, if you are going to boycott Starbucks, do it because they are like McDonalds, a symbol of how far you can go with a crappy product.

·
Yummy
1,262 Posts
CDMC said:
I love how everyone concludes that the story is true without hearing the other side.
"Everyone" did not conclude the story is true. Many disputed the truth of the story.

Kn.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
This was discussed on RBR as well. The general consensus seemed to be that there is far more to the story than what is printed.

Also, there are (have been) far better reasons to not go to Starbucks than this.

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
I Was Gonna Say

Drewdane said:
Starbucks has crappy coffee. I'm not above drinking it, though. They are like Dennys or McDonalds - ubiquitous - they're everywhere and you know what you'll be getting. Sometimes I romanticize gas station coffee when I'm on the road - until I actually drink it. Then Starbucks seems wonderful. Peets is where I prefer to spend my money.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Photo-John said:
Starbucks has crappy coffee. I'm not above drinking it, though. They are like Dennys or McDonalds - ubiquitous - they're everywhere and you know what you'll be getting. Sometimes I romanticize gas station coffee when I'm on the road - until I actually drink it. Then Starbucks seems wonderful. Peets is where I prefer to spend my money.
hear hear...i love peets, coffee bean too. they don't burn the shizz like StarFvcks..burnt sludge....

·
Snowjnky McDreamy
2,560 Posts
Support your LCS

F *bucks.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.