Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Let's Go!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 Stumpjumper that I would like to convert to disc but the $150 for a new conversion kit seems a little high for what I've got. Don't get me wrong, this frame works great and is relatively light for what it is - a steel hard tail. I just wore through another rim yesterday and I'm tired of it. I'd like to know if anyone has a used conversion kit or knows where I could score a less expensive one.
Thanks

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Treadhead said:
I have a 1994 Stumpjumper that I would like to convert to disc but the $150 for a new conversion kit seems a little high for what I've got. Don't get me wrong, this frame works great and is relatively light for what it is - a steel hard tail. I just wore through another rim yesterday and I'm tired of it. I'd like to know if anyone has a used conversion kit or knows where I could score a less expensive one.
Thanks
I have a new Brake Therapy kit that I'd sell cheap. It's been sitting here gathering dust for a couple years, just want to get rid of it. [email protected] or 970-669-7960
Larry
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Let's Go!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be great but....

I checked into that and there is an outfit here that would do the whole job (including tabs) for 250 bucks - I'm not sure I could get 250 for my frame so it doesn't seem cost effective for me to do that. Now if I had a nice ti frame - that might be another matter....

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
889 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.