Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Concerning the complexity of SS.

I've been writing down...with proper pen and paper....all the changes I'll make tomorrow, as the USPS didn't deliver the Midge-twins today!

Hear me out!

I have......one Sofa King Ti King Pin (fixie)....one Surly 1X1 (fixie)....one Santa Cruz Chameleon (SS)....one Stumpjumper (SS) and one Surly lugged roadie (fixie).

Two pair of ENO cranks, one DuraAce and one Shimano XT.

2 On-one Midge bars arriving soon. The SK has WTB drops now, the Surly as well. The Santa Cruz a nice carbon Easton Monkey Lite DH bar, Stumpy the same. The "roadie" sports a proper Mustache bar (Nitto of course!). Thomson stems all around, 'cept the Sofa King....she has a Salsa SUL hi rise.

I have three Diacompe 287v levers and two dummys.

Four sets of wheels. The new Paul hub/Salsa semi combo (only one side threaded "free"). Another Salsa semi/Surly fixie/free, and a Salsa semi/Surly free/free. The roadie sports Surly/Velocity Razors.

So.....

Three fixies and one freewheel bike. Which two should sport the Midge twins??

Thankfully, I have enough bar tape to go around......I think.

Can you help?

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ernesto,

I aktoooally have three. And an extry 175 "left arm" in reserve. (didn't want to brag....)

I'm addicted. (but you knew that....)

Truthfully though, I am ABSOLUTELY amazed at the compexity in owning several SS/fixie bicycles, as I am always trying to figger out which brake/cog/hubset wheelset/brake goes where and which way and not.

Perhaps I need to consolidate?? One fixie roadie and one SS offroadie. But what about those times when I want to commute on the Sofa King Ti?? I don't want to leave HER out for thiefs!!

I'm thouroughly (UK) confused. Sorry.

Isn't this fun??

ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
You're beyond help my friend. But I do like the fact that you have 2 ENO cranksets.

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good catch!

She's actually a black powder coated lugged road frame of some unknown vintage. Nice nice light steel that I have not been able to identify!

Since the fine Surly folks sent me some Surly stickers.....she's now a "Surly"!!

Posted MANY pics on the roadiereview.com site, mystery frame I think. Total fixie bike weight is sub twenty labs.

My most favorite bicycle of all time though. I dremelled off all the extraneous bits. Without a doubt the best road frame I've ridden in over thirty years......I'm thinkin' she must be the Derosa I've always longed towards..??

Nater said:
you got the Surly lugged roadie. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.