Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[X] Done with work by 5
[X] Company provided hotel, car, gas, food
[X] 61 degree temps
[ ] Brought a bike with me

:madman:

WTF is wrong with me? Maybe it's because I was near by in Rock Springs all weekend for a hockey tournament and it was snowing off and on.... but I didn't even think about bringing my bike until I was about to Rangely this morning.

Stopped by Altitude Cycles and bought a set of maps. Went out and checked out the McCoy Flats trailhead and chatted up a guy just getting done with his ride.

Me: Hows the riding here?
Him: (looks at my car) You from CO?
Me: Yeah
Him: Aweful ;)

May have to volunteer for any more trips up here! Reminded me of 18rd. Looked like some nice trials for the rigid. Anyone done much riding up here?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
cobi said:
[X] Anyone done much riding up here?
Wifey and I vacationed there last spring then I found myself working nearby last August so I brought my tent/bike along for a revisit. I've ridden McCoy Flats, Red Fleet, and the Moo trails. I tried to ride something south of town but had too much trouble finding the trailhead - got discouraged and turned around.

It's a blast.

·
^^worst ninja.....ever.
71 Posts
You must be in the energy biz. I did that for a while....we used to call it Urinal too. :lol:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
No, not in the energy biz. I used to live in Steamboat and chased the deep snow, whether it was the Boat or Alta.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Where's Noah when you need him?

That would be "noahcolorado", a frequent poster around here.

Maybe send him a PM as he wrote an article for Bike magazine like a year ago on the trails around Vernal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts