Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, My Seat Height issue is annoying me, hurting me actually! I go on 20 mile rides about 3-4 times a week and I felt like my Quad Pain was never going to stop! So I raised my seat about 2" and BOOM! Waaayy Better, But Now My lower back hurts about 20 mins into the Ride.

I have a Piranha, Is there anything that I can do RIGHT NOW to help this? (Handlebar Adj?)
I'm leaving for a ride in a few minutes, so I guess I'll take a look at my Bars.

And the Weird thing is, at First i'm VERY Comfortable on the Bike. :skep:

·
Prez NMBA
719 Posts
a riser bar or stem would certainly help get you back toward the old position. but I would suggest ab/lower back exercises, if the fit feels good otherwise. I would imagine that after riding it in this position for a while your back/body will get used to it and wont hurt as much/anymore

·
Advanced Slacker
15,402 Posts
ADDam said:
Ok, My Seat Height issue is annoying me, hurting me actually! I go on 20 mile rides about 3-4 times a week and I felt like my Quad Pain was never going to stop! So I raised my seat about 2" and BOOM! Waaayy Better, But Now My lower back hurts about 20 mins into the Ride.

I have a Piranha, Is there anything that I can do RIGHT NOW to help this? (Handlebar Adj?)
I'm leaving for a ride in a few minutes, so I guess I'll take a look at my Bars.

And the Weird thing is, at First i'm VERY Comfortable on the Bike. :skep:
2" is an insane amount to move the saddle for normal riding position. 1/4" is a significant change. A good starting point is when sitting level on the saddle, you should just be able to touch the pedal with the heel of your foot with your leg extended (but not reaching). Again, this is just a starting point, but the important thing is make small (1/4") changes. You may be close now, but keep playing with it.

If your back is hurting, maybe it is because you are now leaning over 2" farther. Try raising the bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.