Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an idea today after crossing a guy who was wearing shin guards to protect him from his platform pedals.

I am going to revolutionize platform pedal.

Here's my idea:

Pedals with 5.10 material on the platform surface and retractible pins in the shoes! No more gouged shins.

All I need is an angel investor and I'll be set! Who's in? :D

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Sorry. I just sent the plans to a Chinese factory and an application to the U.S. patent place an hour ago.

Why not just eliminate the whole foot-slipping-off-the-pedal-problem completely and have some sort of system where the shoe mechanically attaches to the pedal? :rolleyes: :D

·
Old newbie
313 Posts
erik1245 said:
Why not just eliminate the whole foot-slipping-off-the-pedal-problem completely and have some sort of system where the shoe mechanically attaches to the pedal?
Yeh, could work! Like some kind of clip thing? What shall we call it...

:eek:

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Combatcm said:
We'll make a CLIP...That you CLIP into....

But we won't call it clip pedals..we'll call is clip LESS.
Dibs on the patent and related licenses. And the moneys.

Actually, I'll just make ones where you can change how well it holds your foot. Maybe you can do something with a whisk? Or like a handheld mixer or something? I imagine that the spaces between the things would hold the clip pretty well.

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
Wait, how about electro-magnets ?

One in the pedal the other in the shoe.

Put another lever on your bars and it will be as easy as shifting or braking...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
onbelaydave said:
Wait, how about electro-magnets ?

One in the pedal the other in the shoe.

Put another lever on your bars and it will be as easy as shifting or braking...
Generator in the BB to power the electro-magnets? As long as your pedaling your connected.

Or how about pedals made from really strong "rare earth magnets?

·
Registered
429 Posts
No good idea goes unpunished ;)

The idea might have some merit but any hard material your chin rakes against is going to hurt so shin guards seem to be the logical choice if you don't want to go with clipless. Not to say that your idea doesn't have some merit. Half use platforms and half use clipless... so, obviously neither solution is ideal. Glad to see someone thinkin about it.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,659 Posts
Combatcm said:
We'll make a CLIP...That you CLIP into....

But we won't call it clip pedals..we'll call is clip LESS.
You could call it a clip pedal, but that's already been invented and used for decades: ;)

Attachments

·
Content from my avatar
4,355 Posts
Combatcm said:
That thing looks like some sort of cage for your foot, definitely not a clip.
It's more like a cage for your toes specifically, not sure your entire foot would fit in there....

·
i be lurkin
455 Posts
ScottW said:
On behalf of Specialized bicycles I am authorized to issue a cease and desist on the grounds that this violates several patents we currently own.
oh my god, thats the good shite.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts