Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
Anyone take a look at the front fork and disc brakes on that bad boy? Super badass. Oh and an on-board computer to boot! I'm gonna get one for my trip to the north shore.

From Mercedes website:

Mountain Bike special features:

Motion Firewall rear damper
Silver-colored Y-shaped aluminum frame especially designed for a mountain bicycle
The bicycle is suitable both for riding on the road and on rough terrain
The Deore LX Dual Control gearshift system especially fitted for a mountain bicycle.

WTF is a Motion firewall rear damper? :confused:

Looks like a walmart special with a nice paintjob.

·
Registered
205 Posts
eabos said:

I think it protects your _ss from bursting into flames on the trail the day after margaritas and mexican food. Protection I'm sure many of us will need.:thumbsup:

·
Salty Dog
366 Posts
It's a Mercedes, need we ask more?

Ok, this is all about appearance, yes?

My step-kids bio father (north end of a southbound mule) says this about mountain biking, "it's just riding a bicycle on dirt, right? I don't see what's so special about that".

He is involved in sales and drives his Volvo S40 for work. Drives his girlfriend's Hyundai for recreation, since he isn't paid mileage for his recreation usage of the Volvo. Anyway, my point is he is the kind of guy who would rush out and buy one of these, park it in his garage, never ridden, and then show it off when he has a barbeque. Maybe leave it in his backyard by the hot tub with the built-in tv and then when someone asks about it he would say, "yeh, I do about 200 miles a week on it, has the LX stuff on it, that means it has the luxurious stuff that let's me fly over the dirt, yeh that's it". After the party he would shuffle it back to the garage and put it away until the next showing.

In the mean time his guests (not really friends, they just show up for free tequila and brisket) wonder how he can ride so much and still be so apparently out of shape.

Now I have to wonder, how will that Mercedes Mountain Bicycle look being pushed up Windgate?

Thanks for sharing! I needed the laugh this morning!

eabos said:
Anyone take a look at the front fork and disc brakes on that bad boy? Super badass. Oh and an on-board computer to boot! I'm gonna get one for my trip to the north shore.

From Mercedes website:

Mountain Bike special features:

Motion Firewall rear damper
Silver-colored Y-shaped aluminum frame especially designed for a mountain bicycle
The bicycle is suitable both for riding on the road and on rough terrain
The Deore LX Dual Control gearshift system especially fitted for a mountain bicycle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.