Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After weeks of insane scheduling at work, then getting pretty darn sick, I made a point to haul out the hardly-yet-used mountain bike and actually go for a RIDE today! Nothing huge, just the little <5 mile loop in the Taneum w/ 2+ miles of gravel road climbing and about the same of technical, switchbacked ORV trail down.

I took my avatar dog, Rogan, along with since he's driving everyone nuts with his energy lately. He's quite a 'charicter', to put it mildly... he'll run until his paws are bloody, he's dehydrated, and shaking from low blood sugar if I leave him to his own devices. Not to mention ZERO concept of things with motors being dangerous. So today Rogie had a leash on and a set of boots applied for the uphill on the road, and his electric collar on to keep him from bolting off after deer or chipmunks or whatever on the downhill.

I ended up keeping the seat up this time, and oddly enough I think that helped me stay more in the middle of the bike and find that "sweet spot" everyone mentioned re getting used to FS a while back.

It may not have been much, but it was SUCH A BLAST... everything was so beautiful, I was handling the bike better than expected, the dog and I were both grinning from ear to ear... wow. I'm a little bummed that I'm so out of shape and it's so late in the summer already, but I'll take my fix any way I can get it! :D

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
Even the shortest of rides are extra sweet when you've been out of the saddle for a long time. Glad to hear you're back on wheels!

Kathy :^)

·
Back in the saddle!
123 Posts
Congrats on getting back on the trails!

I haven't posted in a while because I have been extra busy and have taken some time from riding as well. I hope to convince my hubby to head out with me today. Don't feel bad about doing a >5 mile trial. The longest trail we have here is 4.75. I'd have to drive over an hour for something longer. We just do the same trails over and over until we wear out. At least we're always relatively close to the car in case of an emergency.

Atty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.