Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or should I say my new Delirium is really blue! Wow! 11.5 lbs for a large, Ti spring should bring it down to 11. Was going to send the Vivid to Push for the Team Issue treatment and wouldnt you know it, "out of stock"! Going to take a while to build it up, waiting on some Code R's and still have to order a new wheelset. Thanks to all those that made it happen!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hey Craig,

Looks awesome!!!!! You are going to enjoy the Delirium, not that you had any problems with the DT! The Delirium is more balanced and it pops off jumps!

·
Registered
12,870 Posts
Nice. Can't wait to see it all built up. Which wheels are you going with?

I thought the Delirium was supposed to be lighter than the D-T. Does that mean my Large D-t is 12.5lbs?? :eekster: :eekster:

·
Registered
692 Posts
That would drive me crazy - having a frame just starting at me waiting to be built up! Usually anticipation is better than the end result, not in this case though.

Nice one! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probably

KRob said:
Nice. Can't wait to see it all built up. Which wheels are you going with?

I thought the Delirium was supposed to be lighter than the D-T. Does that mean my Large D-t is 12.5lbs?? :eekster: :eekster:
My 09 Large DT was 12.4 lbs with a DHX -Air!. Havent decided on wheels, nothing crazy because I tend to go through a couple rear rims a season. Was going to get Hope Evo's laced to 721's from Chain Reaction but they told me via-email after I ordered that they cant sell Mavic in the US. Might go with Sun MTX 29 or 31's. The CRC deal is crazy cheap ($380 shipped), cheapest I could find the same deal in the US was close to $600. I'm kinda on a wife imposed budget, so far I've parted out the old bike and only have to come up with $500!

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
Chromagftw said:
That would drive me crazy - having a frame just starting at me waiting to be built up! Usually anticipation is better than the end result, not in this case though.

Nice one! :thumbsup:
Tell me about it....I've been waiting on parts to build up my DT and it has been driving me crazy!

Craigstr, nice looking frame....can't wait to see it built up :)

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Got to work on it for a little while today

Brought it to the shop this morning to have the headset pressed in and they had loaned their tool to someone so I had to wait till mid afternoon to pick it up. Had a bit of a problem with the chainguide and descendant crank, instructions say for a 73 mm bb to use no spacers but the cranks had a ton of play so I put one spacer on the non-drive side and no spacers on the chain guide, anybody have a similar setup? How did yours end up? Will get the brakes next week and the wheels not long after that. Got the helicopter tape on the downtube, velcro on the chainstay, I'm getting excited!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Totem DH Coil

it comes with a dozen pages of custom stickers. Reversing the drive side flag wasnt an option.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
craigstr said:
My 09 Large DT was 12.4 lbs with a DHX -Air!. Havent decided on wheels, nothing crazy because I tend to go through a couple rear rims a season. Was going to get Hope Evo's laced to 721's from Chain Reaction but they told me via-email after I ordered that they cant sell Mavic in the US. Might go with Sun MTX 29 or 31's. The CRC deal is crazy cheap ($380 shipped), cheapest I could find the same deal in the US was close to $600. I'm kinda on a wife imposed budget, so far I've parted out the old bike and only have to come up with $500!
craigstr,,, try www.merlincycles.co.uk these are quite cheap as well and offer international shipping,
i looked on this website and chain reaction to but they dont list the disc version of mavics 721 rims they only have the rim version,,,,

·
biking is fun
2,365 Posts
looking good. Id be very interested to hear how those descent cranks work out. The price, weight, and looks are all perfect. If they can hold up to abuse and not constantly fall off then they will be tough to beat.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
craigstr said:
Mavic site doesnt list it.
to be honest mate i do not know,,,,,,,,, i am basing my information on what it says on crc and merlins websites..... next to all the rims it says disc then next to the 721 it says none disc,,,, hence why i assumed it was a rim brake rim.... i could be wrong lol. it has been know to happen many times before lol. come to think of it have i ever been right lol... :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dont know...

I ended up going with the Hope Pro II's with Sun Ringle MTX 31's from CRC for $395 shipped. They built them in 3 days and have already shipped them. All the parts are now in my garage except for the wheels. I got the new 2011 Code R's and the rear lever was leaking fluid out of the box so SRAM is sending me a new brake.

·
Yebo Numzaan
953 Posts
craigstr said:
Havent decided on wheels, nothing crazy because I tend to go through a couple rear rims a season.
Ha Ha classic...someone else who rides as BIG as me (well...in my case - as smooth as me!).

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I usually come up short on something and flatspot the rear. Last year it was a big 35' gap and I landed right on the seam and blew the weld, replaced it under warranty believe it or not, went to Whistler and did the same thing. They replaced it again, then late in the summer I noticed the seam was giving way again. They replaced it AGAIN!. I just sold those wheels yesterday! They were Halo Freedom's and alI had to do was send a picture to them and they would ship me a new rim no questions asked!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts