Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be attending the Alaska Board of Fisheries meeting from Feb 4-12 at the Millennium (by Lake Hood). The meetings will probably be all-day affairs with little chance to play :( but I would like to bring up my xc and skate skis and cross Lake Hood to the coastal trail and maybe hit Kinkaid. :) I would also love to meet some of the Anchorage biking mafia again. I was wondering what trail conditions are like (do they groom the coastal trail? It's not lit, is is?) and what the scene up there was currently?

Rio has kindly offered me some wheels, so I may bring some riding stuff, but I just doubt I will have much opportunity to ride. I need to get out every day for my sanity though, so the least I will do is go running...

Cheers!

The obligatory Kodiak pics:

:D :thumbsup:

·
Fatback
706 Posts
trail report

The trail conditions for skiing are fantastic. Tons of snow, and stable temps, though we just had our first go round with the Chinook winds the last few days (40*). No rain as of yet. The Coastal Trail is regularly groomed and is not lighted, and Kincaid is in better shape than the past several years. All of these trails are in great shape for riding, so I would take Carlos up on his offer. We will be having a Frigid Bits ice crit on Goose lake on Feb 10th at 7pm if you'd like to meet some Anchorage riders. Carlos can give you all the details. Great pics-hope you enjoy your stay.

Greg

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great beta, thanks. I'll keep an eye on the Anch weather to see if things change. I'll bring some lights for the unlit trails. I should secure a rental car that would let me drive to Kinkaid or hillside, we'll see...

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wassup wit da fog??

We had to circle Anchorage for an hour today and still had to slip in under a pretty heavy layer of ground fog. The rest of the state is clear for Dog's sake!

Anyway, I thought Lake Hood might be skate skiable, but it is like the snow that was reported up around Eklutna: 1" of styrofoam over 4" of sugar snow. Maybe I will make it to Kinkaid one evening. I just put on my Ice Bugs and ran around Lake Hood to get out a little...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.