Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
itching to get out for a little ride but thinking it'll be a mud fest and not very eco friendly. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
624 Posts
confirmed - definite mud fest.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Confirmed as well

Although id temps dip below freezing it should be fast and fun!

·
w3rd.
315 Posts
Stinky05rider said:
i was at chimmney rock today, very muddy and slow and boring. when did these trails get so boring? or did i out grow them?
Because there isn't anything new being built.

Since i live near the trails, I try to rake out or even build new stuff, but the parks guys just come and throw leaves and logs back over it.

it sucks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Purple Liquid said:

Since i live near the trails, I try to rake out or even build new stuff, but the parks guys just come and throw leaves and logs back over it.

it sucks.
Making new trails without permission is a good way to piss off the park managers and possibly get the entire place closed to biking. Please stop.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Purple Liquid said:

it sucks.
If you want to build new stuff, talk to the "parks guys" first. Consider yourself lucky that the place is still open to bikes as it is. If you pay attention, there's trail maintenance dates posted every once in a while at the Newmans Lane parking lot. Check it out.

FWIW, once a place is closed to biking, it seems next to impossible to get the land managers to change their minds. I've done trail maintenance in places where biking is closed and talked to the park officials, believe me the actions of irresponsible people far outweigh the efforts you make afterwards... And wild trail/stunt building may be top on the list. The main reason is that you may be damaging some plant species or habitats that are not very common without knowing.

As for riding in the mud, no trail will be fun to ride like that. Please either wait until it's frozen solid or dry. I guarantee it will be a whole lot more interesting.

Maurice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts