Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to dj and i have a 2007 Rocky Mountain Flow 1:

http://www.bikes.com/main+en+01_102+Flow_1.html?BIKE=464&Y=2007#2

The dirt jumper 4 fork that it comes with bottoms out a lot on jumps and I was wondering what fork I should upgrade to. I have been searching on pinkbike.com for a fork under 100 but im not sure what forks are better than the 07 Dirt Jumper 4. I would love to be able to find a 07 or 08 DJ 3 or 2 but im not sure where to look. Any suggestions.

P.S. Are Dirt jams good?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I rode a dj3 for about 5 1/2 months that came stock and it didn't strike me as being garbage... Can't really compare it to a dj1 though...totally different levels

·
Registered
513 Posts
Of course buying a nicer fork would be better.....why wouldn't he, that would be retarded.

But it depends if he means $100 or 100mm of travel. If it's dollars, he'd would be pressed to find anything better than a dj3... I was going by the assumption that he is on a budget.

·
Registered
53 Posts
spazzy said:
I 2nd the Argyle 318, I love mine. Burley stiff and is plenty tuneable with motion control
I think you mean compression(Maybe they call it both)..But yeah I find myself messing with the compression settings often....Soft for dirt then for street I make them stiff...Love that knob.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had a 100mm dj3. It wasnt awful. It made a lot of noise didnt have a rebound adjust (i think its internal) and was heavy.

But it was definitly a solid/stiff fork. and its not like DJ forks move to much so it worked fine.

Ive since stepped it up to an argyle 409 set at 80mm and is way more better

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i cant spend more than 200 dollars and I dont need a top of the line fork. does anybody have experience with the dj4? that is what i have it sucks.

·
OTTer
46 Posts
laxking77 said:
i cant spend more than 200 dollars and I dont need a top of the line fork. does anybody have experience with the dj4? that is what i have it sucks.
yep,

have you adjusted it as much as you can? i only ask because its not at all obvious how to & it had me stumped for ages!

the large hexagonal things at the top do nothing, what you need to do is pinch the black rubber caps between your finger tips and pull them out, youll see hex bolts underneath them. IIRC both legs are identical, so you need to adjust them equally.

keep an eye on those pinch bolts as well, i noticed 2 of them had worked loose last week on the same side. tbf i hadnt checked them for months.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks psych you are a genius, i just tightened them, but the right hex bolt got stripped so i cant go to far down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts