Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm about to purchase my firste Yeti, and I got a good deal on a new 575 with Manitu Minutr 130 fork. The problem is that I'm 6.2 ft. (189 cm.) high. So I was wondering if the medium (18,5") would be too small for me?

Whas are your experiences?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes. I'm 181cm with a medium 575. I run a long seatpost and 100mm stem. You will find a medium too small, you definitely need a large.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The medium is too small. At 6'2'', you are perfect for a large. It seems that at our height (6'2'') many manufacturers kind of split us between a L and an XL....Yeti is one of the few that has a size that is perfect for us. Go for the L.

·
Registered
140 Posts
[I think you need at least a large
i am 6.1 and ride a large with 120 stem and a seat back seatpost

QUOTE=MathiasDK]Hi,

I'm about to purchase my firste Yeti, and I got a good deal on a new 575 with Manitu Minutr 130 fork. The problem is that I'm 6.2 ft. (189 cm.) high. So I was wondering if the medium (18,5") would be too small for me?

Whas are your experiences?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I am 6' 2" - Get a large

french man said:
[I think you need at least a large
i am 6.1 and ride a large with 120 stem and a seat back seatpost

QUOTE=MathiasDK]Hi,

[/QUOTE]
If you get a medium you will be miserable trying to do weird set-ups to fit on the bike. Save the cash and get a Large. The large has a 24.4" top tube which is perfect for your height. I ride a Large with a 110cm stem. If I want to go more xc I can cahnge the stem to a 120cm or if I going to be jumping stuff I put on a 100cm stem. So do not think you are missing on the deal. Just wait for the one that fits and you will be a lot happier.

Go Large!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
definitely get a large, unless you have really wierd proportions and a medium is actually comfortable, which is not too likely. I'm about 6'2'', and L is perfect for me.

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
MathiasDK said:
Hi,

Yeah, way too small. Im 6'3 and feel great on a xl. I rode L frames prior to my 575, noyhing worse than a frame too small. Go with a L, or better yet get sized and then decide. Its not a good deal if it dont fit ya.
Sean

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm 6' even and feel I fit pretty well on my L (straight seatpost, 100mm stem). I would advise against the M for your size.

·
Registered
116 Posts
6' Medium

I'm right at 6' but have the arms of someone 5'8". Or so it seems. I generally size down a bit. If you follow the size guidelines on the Yeti site the medium fits up to about 5'11". Which if my math is correct is about 180.34 cm. I ride a M with a 5 degree 120mm stem that is a little long. I've got a long post so I've got a little too much saddle to bar drop. I'm thinking of going with a 15 degree 100 or 110 to help that out a bit. That or going with a Gravity Dropper. Now if I could just convince myself a seat post if worth $250 :rolleyes:

-j

·
Registered
489 Posts
It's too small

I'm a tad under 6'2" and had a medium Koko. Both the 575 and Koko in medium have a 23.4" TT. I was never comfortable on the bike even with a 120mm stem and set back seatpost and ended up selling it. Had I ordered a large at the time, I would still have it today.

·
Awesomist™
2,936 Posts
Another vote for L here - I'm 6'2" and ride a L with a 100mm stem 5 degree rise and it rides like a champ. I have many many friends that own M 575's and I've ridden them - definitely too small for me.

·
Uncle
4,294 Posts
5'11" Medium rider here

Like a f*&$ing glove, it fits. Using a 110mm stem & mild risers. Never been so happy atop a bike. I rode a large first, and it felt gigantic, so @ 6'2", it'd probably be just right for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts