Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Thoughts On 29ers For Guys Under 6' ? I Am Looking To Do A Second Bike For Winter Riding And Thought A 29er Would Be A Good Addtion To My Stable. Thanks!

·
the mountian is within
543 Posts
That is just a myth.
Check Vassago-their 16 has a 29in stand over-and a 23in toptube.
Others too will work-i just sold one of these to a fellow much shorter than you,so it is in my mind fresh right now.
Bz

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn the caps lock key! thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes......

And You Can't Compensate For Your Lack Of Height By Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word In Your Post......

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just go throw a leg over one and make the decision for yourself. If you don't have any locally, you can rent a demo from someplace like Competitive Cyclist.

·
Brant-C.
1,072 Posts
go test ride a medium and find out...

i'm going for a small since i'm 5'6" with 28 inseam.

·
Registered
638 Posts
bcaronongan said:
go test ride a medium and find out...

i'm going for a small since i'm 5'6" with 28 inseam.
same hurrr...
riding a small salsa mamasita. and she's hot.

·
Registered
214 Posts
29er?

I am 5'7" and ride a 17 inch Monocog Flight and love it. I never feel to short for it. Actually a 26 inch bike feels like a kids bike now!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I swear it was the caps lock key!

Thanks to all for the advise!

·
I like turtles
6,370 Posts
I am 5'6" (~29" inseam) and ride a 15" Monocog - it fits the same to me as my 17" Homegrown. No issues.

·
Registered
997 Posts
just looking into a 29er for my wife, she is 5'8" and fairly long legs with about 32" inseam (I think).

not even sure to go for a SMALL niner or a MEDIUM one.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm 28 inches tall. My shorter friends, who are younger than me, say that I'm quite tall for my age.

When I go to bike parks, all the female 29er riders box my ears ... and I end up with a crack on my head.

Would a 29er suit my style? ... or should I keep my old Dragster? You know the older 16" bikes with the long seats? Those saddles fit (me) well as a bed, when after riding as far as 100 long metrres, I always feel so weary?

Dear Agony Aunt ... I'm waiting nervously and hanging on your most thoughtful and much considered reply.

Warren.

·
Registered
812 Posts
"Not fair Warren" -DA

Dave, I though that if I sounded totally non-threatening, more guys could feel free to post their wive's inner leg sizes ... honestly.

Are you suggesting that I give up my keen interest in physiology only to concentrate on my landscape photography? ... I'm a person with several passions.

Warren.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts